Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life with MS is .................



Everyone wants me to get better but I won't sadly.

I will only get worse.

This is a degenerative disease.

I was fortunate to not know that I had it for quite a few years.

Have adjusted to a life that is dramatically different from my/our life before.

Now I can do nothing for myself, can't even move my toes anymore.

Can only move my arms and type with one finger.

Richie does everything, gets me out of bed with a hoist.

Showers, dresses and helps me with everything.

Now he dresses the pressure sore which has me confined to bed until it heals.

Been in bed for 3 weeks now and have another month to go.

But I will not give up on my life and our life together.

Richie is brilliant looks after me with such love.

Despite this horror that has come into our happy life and turned it all upside down

we are still happy together.

DiffĂ­cult for us both, Richie works hard and has to cope with seeing me get worse.

Plus the frustration of not being able to do anything to change things.

Also difficult for me, alot of pain all the time and being so dependant for

everything.

I make the best of everything and I still have the best.

My beautiful darling Richie who I love so very much.

And who adores me.

He fills my life with love.

And I love him back and let him know how much everyday.

So you see its horrible but we have our great love.

And we certainly make the best of everything.

2 comments:

Synchronicity said...

I am so glad you have your Richie. And I am glad you have your computer to reach out. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. You are in my thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Your Richie is a blessing to you as you have been in his life. Please continue to fight to get better so you can at least sit up for a few hours a day.

Even though Richie does everything for you, I never hear you say he complains. So great is his love for you.

You are very fortunate to have him in your life as he is to have you.

Take care,
Anne