Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New wheelchair for 30 minutes.

Last friday finally the wheelchair I have been waiting for since february arrived my happiness was short lived as soon as I sat in the chair.

The seating is adjusted so you sit slumped back with legs stuck out in front at a strange angle, bad for me as it causes spasms.

The wheels are too far back which makes moving round in the chair impossible plus its a heavy chair.

So all in all useless, but I did tell my case manager and the advisor in february that it was not the chair for me but they would not listen.

According to my advisor it was a great chair and she thought it was very comfortable. I told her to order it for herself and get me a chair I could sit in without pain.

3 comments:

pb said...

Is MS a magnet for incompetence and shirkers? How disabled does a person have to be to be believed when requesting necessities?

Or is it because MS is not as highly publicized as HIV or cancer?

Stephen said...

ha, you tell 'em! and make sure you get the chair you need. good for you.

Charles-A. Rovira said...

I must agree with PB.

Most people are not very empathic.