Thursday, January 17, 2013

Feeling positive despite limitations.




 roberto-matta-pace-gallery-11-18-11-3
Roberto Matta

Two appointments I was dreading one yesterday and one today went very well which was a tremendous relief for Richie and I.

The appointment yesterday was with my case manager as well as my advisor, they both work for the councils mobility Department.

They are both very good women, who have to work within tight parameters nevertheless they do as much as they can for me who is admirable.

2 other people were also present and they were Percy from Welzorg and Ruud from a company called Summit, they make the custom-built wheelchair backrest.

We were both not looking forward to this meeting however as soon as Jacqueline my case manager arrived the appointment started positively.

She suggested we make a list of all the things we did not like about the wheelchair, and there were many points all of which were noted.

By the time everybody was here the list was completed, at first the four of them turned their attention on the wheelchair examining it thoroughly.

Finally Percy said that there was nothing that his company Welzorg can do to improve the wheelchair finally there were no more prevarications.

Right away Jacqueline decided that the only cause of action now was that I needed a new wheelchair.

This means a new supplier so I do not have to deal with Welzorg anymore about my wheelchair which was fantastic news this cheered me up tremendously.

On the 30th of January I have an appointment at 1400 with Annelies my advisor and somebody from the new wheelchair supplier Beenhakker to discuss the new chair.

In the meantime Ruud from Summit will temporarily adjust the backrest on the wheelchair, as soon as it known which wheelchair I will get he will make a custom built backrest for the new wheelchair.

Richie and I are very pleased with how things went yesterday this really is progress and this time we will make sure the new wheelchair is a good one.

At 1200 today I have an appointment with the doctor from the rehabilitation clinic as well as Milou the wound nurse.

This was the appointment I was dreading the most as I knew that Janneke the Dr was going to cut some hard skin off around the edges of the wound.

In order to stop myself lying awake all night thinking about it I took a sleeping tablet which worked very well.

The procedure seemed to take forever luckily I don't feel a thing nevertheless I was relieved when it was all over as it's not my favourite activity.

Janneke was very positive about the wound saying it was looking good and nearly healed up which was good news.

Hopefully trimming off the hard edges will help the wound to finally heal; it would be great if that were to happen at the same time as I get my new wheelchair.

Despite my increasing limitations I'm feeling very positive about the future and I'm looking forward to being able to get about again.

12 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Sounds great to have healing and hopes for the proper seating.Best wishes. Love, Mary

Matt said...

:^D

Webster said...

I will send out positive thoughts that things move swiftly with the new chair for you. It would be so marvelous if you could get outside this Spring and Summer. It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Jeanie said...

There is nothing worse than having to do something we would rather not do! You did it Herrad and the day turned out better than you expected. That was certainly a bonus! Good luck with your new wheel chair and all your requirements. Comfort is a necessity in your case. Hope your wound heals quickly now. Bless you!
Jeanie

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

blessings....
Just stopped in to say hello and to wish you a fabulous weekend.

I have learnt a lot from you on living life and coping.
thank you.

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

blessings.....
Felling positive is good, its what keeps one from giving in/sinking into despair.

Hope all is well
stay blessed
rhapsody

Diane J Standiford said...

We are all pulling for you, Herrad. Give Richie our love.

Jeanie said...

Thought I would just call by to wish you well.
Thinking of you and hoping you are keeping well.
Jeanie

*Ellen* said...

Happy birthday today Herrad .. <3

Judy said...

It is now March 30, and we have not heard from you guys since mid January. I hope things are okay, and that you are not suffering.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Herrad,

Greetings and good wishes.

I am glad you feel positive.

My prayers,
Joseph

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings.....
It's been a while since i've been here and it seems you've stopped blogging. I hope well and you are enjoying your life.