Thursday, January 10, 2013

Taking one day at a time.

Roberto Matta

Getting back into writing my blog every day is proving more difficult than I thought, especially when everything seemed to be going against me.

Last Thursday when I wrote my first post since I stopped blogging on the 11th of December I was very happy until I tried to post it on my blog.

I had chosen a picture by Roberto Matta, however when I went place it on my blog everything froze and nothing would cooperate with me.

After a while I tried to publish my blog post without the artwork but that did not work, in the end I was so frustrated that I decided it was better to stop and try again another time.

However everything went differently to how I planned and I did not manage to get back to using my laptop until Monday this week.

Then I was surprised to see that my blog post despite all the problems had been published on my blog just without artwork and a title and labels.

After I added the missing artwork, title and labels I realised I would have to stop as my index finger was not cooperating with me.

So I reluctantly shut down the laptop and decided to relax which is not always as easy as it should be, but I did my best.

Luckily this week I've been able to do my arm and leg exercises Motomed without the discomfort I have been experiencing in previous weeks.

Because the curvature of my spine is progressing it means that the backrest on my wheelchair does not fit me well anymore and does not support me as it should.

The result in recent weeks has been the I am sitting leaning to the left which is not a pleasant way in which to do 45 minutes of exercises.

I was getting quite downhearted thinking in due course I would not be able to do these exercises which are vital for my well-being.

Luckily Richie has been able to sit me in a wheelchair in such a way that I am able to do the exercises on the Motomed without any discomfort.

Hopefully my joy will be made complete when I can successfully publish this blog post with artwork, title and labels tonight, then I will be happy.


Have Myelin? said...

Hello Herrad, I sent you an email this morning, hope you got it. Amazing you posted the same day. =)

I hate hearing your spine is progressing - very painful.

Your joy was completed as you did make this post happen.

I've missed you, my dear Herrad.

Karen said...

Blogger has been acting up for a lot of people lately. I know some people that can't post pictures anymore. I'm glad to see your post published.

Tracey's Life said...

I have missed you Herrad, glad to see you are back. I have been thinking about you.


Travelogue for the Universe said...

Great to see you back in the saddle! Wish you had a better way. Love,Mary

Webster said...

Well, even though you've had a tough time posting, may I remind you that on December 11 you still were not allowed to sit up. I am glad that you have made it through another long healing spell with the pressure sore. I think it is the long time it takes for those to heal that makes them so awful,

You are very lucky to have such a wonderful caregiver as Richie to tend to you. He has my utmost respect and admiration. (Yay Richie!)

I'm sorry you have to wait another several weeks for more proper supports. Too bad they can't put a rush on them for you. Stay upbeat, Herrad. It's the only way to be.

KParthasarathi said...

I am sure and wish that you are able to post the art work too.
I understand the difficulties and I can only pray for you and your well being from this distance,Herrad

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

One day at a time is wisest though at time most challenging.