Monday, January 07, 2013

Taking a break.




When I decided to take a break from blogging on 11th of December I did not intend to stop for as long as I have, as it's now three weeks ago that I wrote a blog post.

On 11th of December there was a lot going on here, we had the unexpected visit from a good friend John, who we had not seen since 1993 apart from a brief visit in 1999.

It was quite incredible; it was very emotional but lovely to see him again after all these years, a very special visit from a special person who is a close friend of Richie’s.

When I decided to take a holiday from blogging I only meant to stop during John's visit which was from 8th of December until 16th of December.

On the day after John left I decided to extend my time off from blogging to enjoy the days before the winter solstice and then Christmas before writing again.

Apart from time off from blogging I wanted to see what life would be like without my laptop and my connection to the outside world via the Internet.

I discovered that I can live without my laptop and the Internet; however my conclusion is that I can live without but I'd rather not have to do so.

I still have so much that I would like to write about, during my time off there were days when I could feel that I was overflowing with ideas for my blog posts.

Last night I decided I would start blogging again from today; it's not easy as my left index finger which I rely on is not functioning well, and is becoming inactive.

I should have made more of an effort learning how to use the Seetech computer in August instead I chose to write using Dragon voice recognition.

So now I have a problem because I can not use the laptop like I used to and it is very frustrating to feel that my index finger won't work that is so frustrating.

There is nothing worse than sitting in front of my laptop unable to click on any items or to scroll down or to surf the net or do anything much.

The Seetech computer worries me, however I will not let fear rule me and I intend to learn how to use the Seetech computer so I can keep writing and communicating.

I have not only missed the writing I have also missed the communications with blog friends who have become important for me, I'm glad to be writing again today.

9 comments:

Enjoying the Ride said...

Welcome back!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

So nice to see you back and happy you took a break and had good company. Love your pearls of wisdom and hearing how the dogs and Richie are doing. Hope you can get the technology to cooperate!Love, Mary

Judy said...

Welcome back. I too am returning from a hiatus but am doing it slowly. I missed, like you, the interaction. This is a wonderful tool we have at our disposal. May you be able to continue as you wish. Good luck.

Webster said...

I am glad that you are back to blogging, even though it is so difficult for you to do. I was starting to worry bout you, you were gone so long. I just figured you were learning to use the Seetech, and chalked it up to that. I will look forward to your daily updates.

Happy 2013 to you both!!!

janis said...

oh dear Herrad... we missed you as well! I havent been posting but I continue to read.
Love to you Dear Friend.

Che koala said...

A break is good but so glad your back.

SUx that is so tricky but if anyone can work out a workaround I am sure it you spunky tenacious Herrad.

(Hope this posts - I have not been able to post comments on yr blog for months (before 11 dec) - keep getting bouncebacks :(( )

kmilyun said...

Good to see your post! Breaks from blogging can be refreshing. I never can stay away long. As you mentioned I miss the connection.

I am sure you will get the seetech computer working for you I watched a couple videos about it - amazing technology.

I had an older version of Dragon I have heard the newer versions are much better.

Hope you find what works best for you so you can stay out here in cyber land!!

KParthasarathi said...

Welcome back,Herrad.
I liked the sentence"however my conclusion is that I can live without but I'd rather not have to do so" for its positive attitude.
I hope you will be able to master the Seetech computer.
I wish you well.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you have decided to carry on posting. Sadly I haven't felt like posting in my Blog since last May I think. I spend a lot of time on Facebook with old AOL friends who have gathered around each other again since AOL closed it's journals. I hope I get the 'urge' to begin again just like you. My blog saw me through my cancer and chemo treatment etc and it found me many good friends into the bargain.I would have been lost without it then.
I'm sorry to read that you are having great difficulty with your finger. I do hope you will find and easier way of keeping your journal updated. Take care....