Saturday, August 22, 2009

Relaxed Saturday.

















Yesterday was a good day, Richie made delicious things to eat and drink and despite it being quite hot it was very bearable.

The smoothies and lemonade helped keep me cool, the chocolate brownie with added THC kept me relaxed and the pain at bay.

Slept very well as a result, we both slept until gone 11 today and then Richie sat here sipping coffee and watching the dogs play as we chatted and intermittently listened to the radio.

A good Saturday morning, by the time that I had done my arm exercises and Richie did the leg exercises and massage and took the baclofen tablets, it was 1.30.

Quickly ate some herring salad which was even tastier than yesterday and brushed my teeth and washed my face and was ready for our visit from Cecile.

She had just back from Italy, so will hear all about it soon, not at 2 but at3 as she had only just woken up after 2.

Poor woman, she sat in a car for 3 days driving back from Italy.

Thanks to the THC when Richie got up and the chocolate brownie I am reasonably relaxed and able to enjoy our visitor when she arrives.

Shame she is not here now as Richie can not wait too much longer for her as he needs to do some shopping at a couple of local shops and the market.

Oh well we will see sure it will all work out very nicely, we just did not take several things into account like Cecile being very tired after her 3 day car journey and Cecile time.

It is Saturday and its hot and there are blue skies and fluffy white clouds I would love to paint, the kids are outside playing ball and discussing whose turn it is next.

All sounds pretty mellow and pleasant happy Saturday hope it is a good day for all.

9 comments:

Amrita said...

Hugs to you Herrad, so glad you are having a pleasant days.
My sister was in a lot of pain yesterday, she could hardly talk in the phone and was crying, and today by God 's grace she is better, so I ma happy too.

Herrad said...

Hi Amrita,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
Hope your sister is doing better today.
Have a good weekend.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

Glad it is a nice Saturday, hope the evening will continue that way. I've just crawled out of bed and am drinking coffee. It's been in the low 70s high 60's here, yesterday and today so the heat isn't a problem yet at least.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
It is pleasant here with the fan right next to me.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Hello Herrad!!! Sounds like a lovely visit in store for you this afternoon! Hope you had a blast! I just ate 2 chicken fajitas....oof! You know when it's too good NOT to have seconds, lol? I'm stuffed! We never had our t-storms and I'm hoping and hoping they come soon, because it's SO MUGGY. I have a barometer in the house and it's pushing 73%...icky and sticky! The sky is slowly getting black, so hopefully it will break soon. I watched a movie last night called The Secret Window, with Johnny Depp. It was a cool psychological thriller, and Johnny is VERY easy on the eyes, lol! It was filmed in quebec about an hour's drive from my cottage, so I thought it was cool, recognizing the scenery! Other than that, I'm still flaky and distracted for the upcoming fun day!
;-)
I'm keeping as busy as possible! Hope you are having a great evening!!
xx
PS: That polka dot inflatable room is very trippy, lol! I couldn't imagine not having a freakout after a bottle of my favourite red wine! lol

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
It was a pleasant visit, did have to wait until 4.30 until Cecile got here.
Going to find a recipe for fajitas and mail it to Richie see uf he can make them soon.
It has been hot today but bearable, tomorrow is set to be hotter.
Going to enjoy it as it will be over very soon, its getting so much darker so much earlier.
Fun day is that when you move?
The evening has been good, hope yours too.
Have a good Sunday.
Love,
Herrad

Denver Refashionista said...

Sounds very nice. I too had a nice day with friends and family.

Herrad said...

Hi Nadja,
Good to hear from you, hope you have a pleasant day today.
Love,
Herrad

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Herrad:)

Greetings:)

I came to see how you are doing.

I'm glad you appear to be cheerful and ready to meet the visitor.

The poem by William Blake is very interesting and thought provoking. A flower whether it is in your garden or whether it is in a remote place where no one can see, still remains beautiful with the sole intent of praising God's glory.

Wish you a wonderful Sunday Herrad:)
Joseph