Sunday, April 11, 2010

All Is Well That Ends Well.

Mongolian Art.

Did my arm exercises as soon as I woke up this morning, which was a good thing to do as it took some of the stiffness and tension out of my arms.

Make it easier to move my arms around and use my hands, Richie did my leg exercises and leg massage, which also really helps.

Richie gave me a good shower and had a foot and hand soak which was very pleasant indeed, after that I did my leg exercises with the Motomed.

Have had a relaxing day spent for a change without my laptop in front of me, that is because I wanted to take it easy and watch the football with Richie.

Tried again to phone my auntie Sigrid in Vancouver, Canada but it was engaged just like it has been engaged all week.

Sigrid phoned me last Sunday and when I called her back she was engaged and she was engaged for hours that evening.

Thought nothing of it last Sunday, laughed and thought she was catching up with friends, but when she was constantly engaged all week I started to worry.

Had some worrying thoughts about my darling auntie which I did not like, but because I do not have any other telephone number to call, I was at a loss what to do.

I tried to call my other auntie in Spain at her home address, forgetting that her phone would have been cut off since she went to the Care Home.

Sadly I lost her new telephone number recently otherwise I would have called her to see if she had a neighbour’s telephone in Vancouver.

I asked Richie to find a number that I could call fro help and he found the website and telephone and e-mail address of the North Vancouver Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

I called them just over 30 minutes ago, spoke to a very pleasant woman who listened to my story and took my aunt’s address and my details and phone number.

She promised to call me as soon as someone had been to Sigrid’s apartment, so now I am waiting to hear from them.

Hope they get back to me very soon as I can not concentrate on anything else until I know what the situation is.

Hoping to get a call from a very cross Sigrid demanding to know why I sent the police around her address.

Really hoping for such a call from my favourite auntie, wonderful Sigrid, hope it happens soon.

It did and she was very cross until she let me explain and then all was well, she gave me Auntie Herrad’s phone number and the telephone number of a neighbour she is friendly with.

This neighbour sounds very nice, she visits Sigrid often and brings her food regularly, glad that I have this neighbours telephone number and the reassurance that Sigrid has someone near her who cares.

What a relief to hear my Auntie Sigrid’s voice just now, very reassuring, feel much happier now, all is well that ends well.


Rain said...

What a relief! As I was reading, the first thing that I thought of was "call the local police", I'm so glad you did and that your aunt is fine, cross, but fine, lol!

I made it back Herrad...sore legs from the drive, but a happy spirit! I think I'll be in bed very early tonight!

Muffie said...

Herrad, you're such a good person to do so much to assure yourself that your aunt was all right. I know you're feeling a great deal of relief now.

Stop by my blog -- you've been tagged.


Anonymous said...

What an amazing story.

Being a few days in Germany, it was this the first time that I talked to me son on the phone - agree with you that it is one of the best things in the world.
Wishing you all a wonderful start into the new week.

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by especially after your long trip.
Good to hear you are in good spirits.

Hi Muffie,
Thanks for your visit and comment, had to find ot if my auntie was ok.
Thanks for the tag not sure if I can do it but will see.

Hi Robert,
rhanks for your visit and lovely comment about talking to your boy on the phone.
Phones are imporetant.

Thanks you 3 dear people for coming by, it was a big relief to hear her cross voice.
Have a good monday.

Lisa Emrich said...

So glad that the local police found a very cross aunt. My grandmother once had left her phone off the hook and it gave a busy signal. After a little while, my dad drove the 5 miles to check on her. Much laughter ensued.

Hope you are doing well. The weather has finally gotten very nice here. I spent a few hours sitting on my front porch listening to the birds and lawnmowers.

Herrad said...

Hi Lisa
Thanks for your visit and comment.
It was a great relief to hear Sigrid's cross voice demanding to know why I had sent the cops round.
Have a good day tomorrow.

Amrita said...

Oh my what drama, but you made all that effort and got a good result. Thank goodness Sigrid is OK.

Hope you can contact your Aunt in Spain too.

I like the Mongolian art, looks similar to Tibetan and Indian art.

Stephany said...

Very glad it ended in a good way, Herrad.


Pleasant Monday to you and Richie.

Webster said...

The things we have to do to get those dear aunties to call! I'm sure it was quite a surprise for Aunt Sigrid to answer the door and find police there. But as you say, all's well that ends well. And good that she has neighbors who are looking out for her.

Joan said...

So glad all was well with your Aunt this happened to me but the outcome was not good but so glad I did something about it too. Have a good day Love Joan.

Herrad said...

Hi Amrita,
I am happy you liked the Mongolian art.
And even happier that my favourite auntie is well.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your comment and visit.
It was a big relief to hear the familiar cross sounding voice.

Hi Webster,
Auntie Sigrid was not amused the police turned up, she really yelled down the phone until she realised I had been very worried about her
It is great she ahs caring neighbors who look out for her.

Hi Joan,
Thanks for coming by, sorry to hear your situation did not have a good outcome
It was a big relief to hear Sigrid's voice/.

Thanks for all of you for coming by and brightening my day with your comments.
Have a good weekend.