Sunday, August 14, 2011

Importance Of Having Your Own Opinions.


Near The Sea.
Alvaro Guillot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvaro_Guillot

Two days ago I received an anonymous comment on my Dutch blog that told me that I can’t have an opinion about events if I am not there.

I did not spend four years studying Criminology and obtaining my Masters (in Enfield &Tottenham) to have no opinions, which was my response to the anonymous writer.

It’s a strange comment given that is how we operate, we talk, we tell our stories, we all add to the dialogue, we all have opinions.

I am not keen on anonymous comments but I understand not everyone has a Google profile.

What I do not understand is someone saying you can’t have an opinion unless you were there.

Seems they are also advocating a lack of thought, something that is crucial to our society.

They not only said you can only comment if you were there, they also said that even if the story happened as you had experienced it, this does not mean it has actually happened.

I personally support more thinking, more opinions, more community based solutions, more involvement from everyone.

The riots are proof I think of people not being allowed to be involved or to be part of their society and have their own opinions.

7 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

The right to have an opinion whether you were present at the scene or not is inalienable.I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Herrad said...

Hi KP,
Thanks for your comment, you put it so well it is absolutely an inalienable right.
Love,
Herrad

Tracey's Life said...

Everyone has a right to an opinion. People are allowed to disagree with me, however I personally find it rude and offensive if the person who chooses to disagree with me will only do it anonymously.

The Internet has granted all of us access to information that we did not have access to years ago, and some people feel it gives them the right to post "anonymously" however what they really don't understand is that it is not truly anonymous because they leave their ip address behind.

Hugs Herrad and keep on voicing your opinions!

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....
He/She has given their opinion that you shouldn't have an opinion, hmmmmm, quite and oxymoron isn't it?

Herrad said...

Hi Tracey,
I agree with you about finding it offensive for someone to disagree anonymously.
You are right of course no one is anonymous as their ip address will tell who it is.

Hi Rhapsody,
You are right it is an oxymoron, a huge one blimey ho=w silly.

Thanks you two lovely friends for coming by.
Have a pleasant week.
Love,
Herrad

Karen said...

Hi Herrad,

You are right, not everyone has a google account, but everyone has a name! I don't like a anonymous comments.
Thing is, this person was voicing his/her opinion on the fact that you shouldn't have an opinion...strange.

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your comment, you are right they have an opinion but I can't have one, it is very strange.
Have a pleasant day.
Love,
Herrad