Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not The Present I Wanted.

 
 Jacqueline Lamba.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Lamba

 Last night suddenly, without any warning my index finger stopped working, it occurred not long after I published yesterdays post.
 Although I knew this would be happening soon, nevertheless it still shocked me.

Especially horrible as it was not only my index finger but sadly the other fingers were also not working, not even my thumb could be used.

I ended up using the keyboard mouse with the palm of my hand, which became almost impossible to do, but being a stubborn woman I persisted.

Typing was difficult Richie helped me with the last part, and then finally I could make the purchase.

Normally an online form takes approximately 5-10 minutes, last night it took me nearly two hours. 

As I was in the middle of ordering a present for Philip, the husband of my favourite cousin Aileen in Trinidad, it had been a frustrating experience.

Not a pleasant thing to have happen, not something I wanted to have happen right now.

I hoped my index would still be functioning until next spring not stop this Christmas, this is not the present I wanted.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing it will happen at some point really doesn't ease the ache of it happening now. I am so sorry.~Mary

Webster said...

Blogger ate my comment.

Oh dear, this is no kind of present. It's even worse than a lump of coal in your stocking. If your hand can still move about the keyboard, perhaps Richie can tape something that could act as a pointer/poker on the letters. Hell what do I know? I'm no OT, just thinking out loud (in type-speak).

Perhaps this calls for a drink of Prosecco or something. (((HUGS))) to you.

Have Myelin? said...

I am so sorry. Tell Santa to take his present back to the elves.

I wonder if an OT could think of a workaround... I know they're quite creative, the good ones. Is that even possible???

(((hugs)))

Karen said...

Sorry to hear this Herrad. Can you get Dragonspeak or something so that you can still blog and use the putter?

Unknown said...

oh Herrad...my heart goes out to you!

virtual hugs across the miles ((()))

Tracey's Life said...

Hugs to you Herrad, I am so sorry. I am hoping that it is a temporary condition and you are able to regain the feeling in your fingers.

Che koala said...

ahh Herrad, as always you are such a voice of resilience and stoicism amid the 'unpresents' lobbed your way.

Thinking of you and agreeing with those above me - esp. Webster's suggestion?? Karen's too.

Herrad said...

hi mary,
thanks, its horrible.

hi webster,
i think a drink, pity you can't come by for a glass.

hi sherry,
i sent santa his present back.

hi karen,
i am getting software you operate with eye movement.
its taking too long, waiting from june/july.

hi s.s,
hugs back to you.

hi tracey,
i hope, its working now.

hi chekoala
thank, i lobbed them back.

thanks for your visits everyone and comments and good suggestions, which i will ask my ot.

love,
herrad