Monday, July 27, 2009


Woke up slowly today which was nice, mind you had quite a disturbed night, and woke up in the small hours convinced that there was a mozzie under the mosquito net with me.

Not a pleasant discovery to make, in a half awake state, am afraid I shouted something like ''OH NO MOSQUITO!!!

Richie came over right away and had a look but could not see anything, after he checked and found nothing he went back to his bed.

I was reassured on the one hand but on the other not as I contemplated being woken up again by being bitten.

In the event nothing happened until a huge spasm shook me awake at 7 am, Richie got me some THC vapour and I went back to sleep for 2 1/2 hours until 9.30 am.

When Richie got me some more THC vapour and I could get my arms to stretch out and move.

After doing the exercises, Richie did my leg exercises and leg massage which went well without too many spasms and kicking of my feet.

Realised we were a little bit tense as today is the evaluation of how I sit in the chair and my posture in the chair.

Richie put the chair on to charge last night when he went to check on it at 11 am he discovered that the charger was not working.

This meant that the appointment with Ludwine, the ergotherapist and Jenny the wheelchair technician from the RCA, Rehabilitation Centre Amsterdam would not be able to go ahead today.

We need the chair to function, as the chair has to be able to recline.

Bit of a panic at first but we may have got a solution for today, Richie tried a charger from another piece of equipment and that seems to be working ok.

We are hoping that it will be charged enough so that the evaluation can proceed today.

Spoke to Ludwine and we agreed that Richie will test the chair out at 2.30 and let her know the result, if it works Ludwine and Jenny will be here at 3 pm.

Hope it works and the appointment can go ahead which would be brilliant as really need to get the wheelchair adapted as soon as possible.

The only low moment was having to phone the suppliers of the wheelchair, Welzorg, got some poor employee on their Helpdesk, by the sound of the poor man he needed help more than I did.

Having worked at a few Helpdesks I recognized his tone of voice which could not quite conceal his desperation.

I had to repeat my details 4 times, post code and date of birth, finally he found my record, but did not seem to know which product I had.

His pc seemed to crash or maybe it was just very slow like the man, whatever it took over 10 minutes to make an appointment to get a new charger.

This should happen this Thursday, so much for their emergency response department.

This does not give a good reassuring feeling to find out that they can’t provide a new charger quicker.

Hope they would respond quicker if I had broken down on my way home would hate to have to wait for 3 days for help.

Has been a beautiful day until now, when I opened my eyes today it was too bright blue sky and hot sunshine.

Now the clouds have come overhead ands there is no blue sky to be seen, but it is still pretty warm so won’t ask Richie to turn the fan off just yet.

It is all happening here today going to relax after I post this until Mathilde my great physio gets here at 2 pm.

Hope it is a good Monday for us all.


Amrita said...

Hi Herrad,

Have a good day. I like the paintings you have posted.

Herrad said...

Hi Amrita,
How lovely to see your comment, my day is good,hope you having a good day too.

ps sadly the shop down the road has run out of Honey Mangos from the Punjab, seems the season is over already this year which is a shame!

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad!!! Oh gosh, it's 3:24pm your time as I type this, I sure hope you are in the midst of your appointment!!! How great that this day has finally come! I think our summer has finally arrived, btw. Hot and humid, and I'm not complaining at all, summer has been non-existant here so far. Oh gosh, last night, I had a skeeter flying around the cottage too! I refused to go to bed until I got him! LOL...obsessed, yeah!
Talk to you later,

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

The appointment happened so that is the first step done which is great.
Summer was here until 2 pm when huge clouds have moved in and it has begon to ge t cooler think there will be a downpour soon.
Have a good afternoon.

Richie said...

The first thing has been put in action- it will all go too slow so take a big breath and try not to get too impatient.

Have Myelin? said...

I love the paintings! They are fabulous. Where did they come from???

Stephany said...

Hi Herrad, isn't that the way things happen in life, the battery issue....ugh!

Hope the evening is pleasant. We are in a major heatwave breaking all sorts of records here, it will be nearly 100 degrees this week! Koda is flat on his side very unhappy about the heat.


Libby said...

herrad, i love the house painting, and the melting clocks!! it sounds like the chair is in progress for you now! hopefully, it'll go smoothly from now on!

Herrad said...

Hi Richie,
I will do my best to be patient....

Hi Sherry,
I put surreal in firefox and got loads of pictures and choose 10.

Hi Stephany,
It was pretty typical, what they call sod's law in England.
Had a very pleasant evening hope you do too.
Poor Koda please give him an ice cube for me.

Hi Libby,
We are both hoping that this time things will go smoother.

Thanks for coming by and leaving comments.
It did not quite go as we wanted today, but the first appointment has happened.
Really hope that the wheelchair will be adapted properly so I do not run the danger of this happening again.


Webster said...

I am beside myself with anticipation for you. Godspeed with your chair revisions.


Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
I am very curious how things will progress, I hope good.

Cranky said...

Herrad - glad the first wheelchair appt has occurred. I'd be impatient in your shoes, too!

Since you're probably already in bed on Monday night ... have a great Tuesday!

Herrad said...

Hi Cranky,
Thanks for your comment and visit, I am going to do my best to be patient which will be very difficult.

Hope you both have a good day tomorrow.

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Herrad
Oh what a drag to have that happen. Hope the chair is ready for you now and you get the go ahead to start using it again.
Love the photo of the kid in that crazy looking car.
My son is buying me a vapourizer so I can try the THC vapour. I'm hoping it will help with my anxiety and stress. I have you to Thank for finding out about it. So Thank You Dear Lady.I'll let you kow how it works out.

Joan said...

Hope by the time you read this you have had a test drive of you new chair and all has gone well. I was picturing you sitting in the street alone broken down waiting for help for three days, does not bere thinking about. Loved the Sureal pictures will let hubby see them to he is a bit of an artist. Take care. Love Joan

Celeste Maia said...

Good morning Herrad,

I enjoyed the paintings you posted, recognized the Dalis, but others did not.I am glad the appointment happened and things are on the way.
I hope you are having a nice day today. Hugs, Celeste

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Yesterday was the first of many appointments that will be needed before I can sit in a wheelchair again.
Great news that your son is getting you a vaporizer, do you know which one he is getting for you?
Good luck with it.

Hi Joan,
Sadly it will be ages yet before I can sit in an adapted chair.
That is how it goes here.

Hi Celeste Maia,
Thanks for your comment.
It is sunny and warm here, if somewhat changeable but that is life with global warming don't you think?

Thanks for coming by and commenting, really appreciate seeing your comments.
Yesterday was the first of many appointments, first the ergotherapist and the technician from the RCA, then the people from ARCA, who advise the local council, then the suppliers and finally the council who gives permission and then I will be able to sit in a chair and go outside again.
Going to have to be extremely patient so not me.
It is very likey that by the time the chair is ready that summertime will be over and I will be going out in cool weather.
Oh well it could always be worse couldn't.
Have a good day.

Denver Refashionista said...

Good luck with the eval.

Erika C. said...

Amazing, evocative art! Where is it from?

Wishing you endurance and patience to get through your ordeal. If you would like, come and get a badge on my site for the "Dodo Club". Maybe you will be inspired.

I have been sick with a very yucky sinus infection that is only now starting to get better now that I am on the right medicine after finally being diagnosed correctly. Being ill has made me even more sensitive to the challenges of what you must be going through with a chronic illness.

Best wishes,

Herrad said...

Hi Nadja,
Thanks it went ok, it is the first step now another 5 or 6 and maybe the chair will be adapted adequately for me.

Hi Erika,
I put surreal in the search engine and got all those and many many more.

Thanks for coming over and leaving a comment.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.