Friday, November 27, 2009

Wet and Windy Friday.













Slept well again last night thanks to lavender oil and thc, even had a gentle waking up today, felt all the pain but did not moan with pain right away..

I did my arm exercises and Richie the leg exercises and massage and I was ready for the day.

Grey and wet and rainy today as well as cold, it is near the end of November so the weather is as it should be.

Richie is off doing a mega shop, the idea being that he does not have to do a big shop tomorrow and can take it easy.

That is how we like our weekends, preferably with no appointments; there are plenty during the week.

Here nothing gets done without an appointment here; they will make a date for coffee next month.

Very odd when I was new here, I had been used to people dropping by o0r calling up and saying we are such and such come and join us.

Not here, here you get your diaries out and make an appointment for coffee, the other thing I was used to in England that if we were in the pub and friends came in they would be invited to join us.

Here they do not go for that they may say hi but then go their separate ways, strange as it is so different, to what I was used to in England.

England in turn was nothing like as friendly as Trinidad where everyone limes with each other, the more friends the merrier.

Glad when Richie gets back, it is just 4 pm and it is getting dark, winter is coming quick.

Christmas will be here soon which is great.

Don't mind now that I have got Riche's presents organised, yippee!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just putting a note in my agenda to send you an email in about 2 minutes, are you okay with that? We can reschedule if you're going to be busy! :)

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Have to check my diary will get back to you later.
Love
Herrad

Anonymous said...

LOL, okay I'll pencil that in!
:)

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
It is in my diary to get back to you.
Love,
Herrad

Bibliotekaren said...

You guys are too funny! It is interesting the formality of sharing space with another that exists in some cultures (mine). I miss the casualness from when I lived in a small community in Alaska. Yet as hermit-like and sometimes not presentable as I am now, guess I like my space too.

Donna

Libby said...

hi, herrad! it's cold & rainy here in my part of the US...perfect day to stay inside with my cat & a good book1!

Anonymous said...

It was indeed most of what I learned about life, while visiting the local Irish Pub back home, which is 'Irish staffed' and mostly visited by native speakers.
Along with that I also learned English.
Agree with you that there are various differences between countries and the way people behave - and yes, I do miss sitting in a pub and meeting the most interesting people.
A wonderful weekend for you all. Thankfully there is this place here :)

Herrad said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for coming by, your comment made me think about the formalities of sharing space.
And the differences between the Caribbean and Europe.

Hi Libby,
Thanks for your visit, staying inside warm and dry with the cat and a good book sounds ideal.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your visit.
You are right pubs are quite good places to meet interesting people.
You must notice big differences between Greece and Germany too.
Hope your weekend is good too.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Waiting anxiously to hear about you going outside.

hugs

Unknown said...

Wet and rainy here as well....that makes three or four days out of the whole month! Amazing, as I always remember November as the rainiest month.

Even the temperatures are more spring like than fall....waiting for the other shoe to drop now.

S.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for coming by.
As soon as I have been out I will let you know, promise.

Hi Shauna,
Thanks for your visit, nice to see your comment.
November has been wet here, very wet and cold and windy.

Thanks both of you for coming by, really appreciate your visits.
Have a good day today.
Love,
Herrad