Friday, February 25, 2011

Still Feel The Same As Ever.



The Fourteen Daggers.
Kay Sage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Sage

It is Friday again, wonderful how quickly it happens every week, Friday is a favourite day of mine.

When I was still at work I used to organise a get together after work of colleagues and friends.

It was a nice way to end the week and it was something that everyone looked forward to immensely.

Life is classified for me as when I worked and life since work, sometimes it is strange thinking about me going to work.

Lying in bed or sitting in the wheelchair it is hard to remember a time when I could do things, make things happen and be part of it all.

Difficult to realise quite how handicapped I am right now, Richie and I talked about it last night.

Richie says he too finds it very difficult to accept that I am so handicapped; he says he does not think of me as handicapped.

I do not think of myself as handicapped either, but then again, I also do not feel like I will be 60 soon.

How incredible to think that in 20 days time I will be sixty, despite the effects of my MS I still feel the same as ever.















3 comments:

JC said...

An early Birthday Wish to you !!!

Webster said...

Sixty? When Pigs Fly!!!

I hope you are planning to have a great pull out the stops party!

Herrad said...

Hi JC,
Thanks for your early birthday wishes.

Hi Webster,
We are planning a party, which will be good.

Thanks to you two dear friends for coming by.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad