Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gorgeous Sunny Saturday.




Greta Knutson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Knutson
Today was another beautiful sunny day, to our delight the Rugby World cup semi final in Auckland, New Zealand was on Dutch TV.

We had both hoped for a wonderful win for Wales, so what a huge disappointment it was, to see Wales lose the game by one point to France.

Their next chance is in 2015, who knows what will happen then, without MS I would have expected to be alive for that, but the quick progression of my MS means I don’t know.

Mind you, I guess no one really knows, the best thing is not to dwell on it, better to get on with living life, I am amazed that despite my restricted life, how much I still enjoy.

I am beginning to realise that my ideas about being handicapped, fall very short of the reality, which is that whatever happens I am still me.

For some reason I thought that I would not just lose my functions but would also lose myself, and my identity.

I could not have been more wrong, I can not walk, in fact I can do very little, and Richie does everything for me.

Good to discover that myidentify doesn’t depend on my bodily functions, nor has my personality been affected by the MS.

I can’t believe now that I thought I would lose myself because of disability, I can see how sever illness can take away so much, I  know now it can’t rob me of my spirit.

         

No comments: