Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beautiful Sun For A Few Minutes

Cold grey day today with just now the first and seems last hint of sunshine for today, would not be surprised if it starts to rain soon now.

This morning Richie even put the heating on briefly as it had got quite cold in the bedroom with the window open all night.

I like the window open at night think I sleep better with good ventilation rather than if the room get warm and stuffy because there is no air circulation.

Last night got quite concerned as my mail was not working kept getting error messages, so long since I worked on a Computer Helpdesk I forgot the error codes.

Luckily I could ask Steve what it meant:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.online.nl (1)', Server: 'pop.online.nl', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

And he told me that the email server was down which was a relief as I had not changed anything.

This also explained why I could not access my webmail and then found out Richie had the same problem.

Today all is fine again, mail has come in and I have sent mail which is good, felt quite cut off yesterday as if I would never receive or send mail ever again.

Realise again how much I do rely on my e-mail hate to think of my life without but sure that I would manage somehow, sure we would all find good alternate ways of communicating.

Think that Face Book and Hotmail and Gmail would get used lots more; see plenty enough other ways to communicate if my provider’s server does not work
.
The sun has come out and in the background there is a very dark bank of rain clouds which will happen soon.

Glad I got to see the beautiful sun even if only for a few minutes today.


5 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Max is a little intense! Glad your email is fixed. Nice to see a little sun. Getting cooler her. Have a great week. Love, Mary

Webster said...

I'm glad you had a little sun today. We had cool weather today, but tomorrow is supposed to be better. Let's hope so.

Ana said...

My account was stolen
Please read it here:
http://hellaheaven-ana.blogspot.com/2010/09/someone-stole-my-account.html
Thank you.

Have a great day Herrad.

Laura said...

Hi Herrad, I see your comments all over and I think I stopped by to read your blog before...but you know, MS memory and all that, not always reliable...anyway...my computer cord was broken yesterday and it was soooo frustrating not to be able to get online...I felt really lonely. I read a wonderful book and that was good...I mean it's not like I'm online all day...but the connections via email and blogging are really important to me because I don't get out much.

anyway..glad things are aok for you again. The sun is hiding behind dense clouds here too and the temps been cooler.

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
It was good to see the sun even briefly, now its grey, cooler and rainy.
Relief that my email was ok again, the mail server was down.

Hi Webster,
The weather has been horrible here ever since the brief glimpse of sunshine.

Hi Ana,
We both had a mail asking for 1000 pounds for your hotel, we both knew right away it was a fake mail.
Really shit you have lost your blog and can not get it back.

Hi Laura,
Horrible not being able to get online I know how terrible that feels as I too do not get out much.
Spending nearly two years in bed made the internet and my blog very important for me.
Glad your problem was resolved and very good to meet you.

Thanks to you four dear friends, old and new for coming by and commenting.
Love,
Herrad