Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sunny Days.



Purple Auroras, Sept. 8th over Bø, Norway.


Today has started off sunny with blue skies which are so amazing seeing as yesterday was so cool and grey and rainy and downright miserable.

It got dark really early, the lights in the stairs and on the galleries in our building went on just after 18.00 and I noticed cars too had their headlamps on early.

Our dogs were miserable yesterday as they do not like rain, unless they get to go to the park but yesterday it was a rainstorm not a gentle rain shower.

Today all of us, including the dogs are cheerful because of sunshine, spoke to Gareth just now; he and Paul will be here at 16.00 this afternoon.

Happy to see them this afternoon, be really good to have them staying here for a few days, it’s a nice thing to do.

Makes life feel normal like before the MS, think I will be abit self conscious about eating with other people present as that is becoming increasingly difficult for me to do.

My right arm can’t stretch out like it could, can not straighten out my elbow out which makes it difficult to get food to my mouth.

Have been coming to terms with this, when I can’t carry on Richie helps me and feeds me, not something I like but on a purely practical level when I need help to eat I will ask for it.

As this has been happening more and more I have been able to accept that it is happening, hope that I will be ok with eating on Friday.

8 friends will be coming here for our little party, Richie is going to be making quiches, bread rolls, humus, and guacamole, bowls of spicy Tempe and Tofu cubes and potato crisps.

He will also make small individual cakes which he plans to ice and we have several packets of fancy German biscuits which Katrin brought us last Saturday.

Friends will be bringing potato salad, green salad, tabboleh, macaroni salad and fruit salad as well as nibbles like nuts and raisins, dates and olives.

Looking forward to Friday immensely, be good to see a lot of friends all together and good for me as I come to terms with the effects of MS and no longer want to hide this from our friends.

No need to as it does not detract from who I am and my friendships.

7 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Herrad have a fun party, enjoy the love of friends around you!

HUGS

They love you, and do not see the MS--your shining face lights a room, remember? so does your personality.

:)

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your sweet comment, you are right of course people will see me not the MS.
Hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Pretty Zesty said...

That meal sounds so amazing!!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Have a wonderful party. You are great company! Love, Mary

Webster said...

Good friends, good music, good conversation, and good food. Who could ask for anything more! Even a stormy day can't put a damper on that. Have a wonderful visit!!

Ana said...

Herrad,
I loved the picture! Very beautiful.
I will not pretend that I'm happy.
It makes me sad knowing that you cannot straight your right arm like before.
It must be hard to cope with it and depending on Richie...
I love you Richie for being the amazing partner you are.
This is what love is all about.
Be at peace Herrad!

Herrad said...

Hi Kris,
The food was delicious, everything vegetarian.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your sweet comment comment, think you are right too.

Hi Webster,
Agree that the combination of all those things makes for good times indeed. Who cares about the weather then.

Hi Ana,
Thanks for the sentiments you expressed,hate not being able to do things myself but Richie helps me so well and so sweetly that it helps ease the pains of being so handicapped.

Thanks all you dear friends for coming by, good to see your comments.
Love,
Herrad