Friday, August 03, 2012

Relaxing This Afternoon.

Roberto Matta.
Yesterday I got very emotional while writing my post and cried so much that my glasses were covered in tears which looked like a fine cobweb.

Both the writing and the crying were a great relief for me; it was good for me to write this.

Today I've been taking it very easy; this afternoon I've been watching the athletic events at the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, East London.

I enjoy watching Jessica Ennis, I think she is a wonderful athlete and I hope that she will win gold.

I'm sure many people will be inspired by her to take part in athletics which is brilliant for the sport.

Just as I'm sure many people have been inspired by Bradley Wiggins, Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton to take up cycling as a sport.

Watching Bradley Wiggins winning the Tour de France recently was wonderful and it has generated a lot of interest in this event and the sport in general in England which is marvellous.

Last I caught some highlights one of which I enjoyed tremendously and that was the canoe slalom which was very exciting.

It made me wish that I was not handicapped as I would have loved to have had a go at this sport.

The other sporting event that really caught my imagination was while watching the Winter Olympics in Vancouver a few years ago.

The sport that really caught my eye was the Luge, and Amy Williams who won a gold medal for her amazing race.

It looked like she was hurtling down the track on her back on tiny tea tray, she was going faster than I imagined possible.

After seeing Amy William’s race I told Richie and I would have loved to have had a go at this event.

It is very enjoyable for me to watch the events I like; watching takes my mind off my own situation which is nice.

Once I posted this piece I intend to spend the rest of today relaxing which is a good idea for me right now.

No comments: