Thursday, June 25, 2009




I would like to pass the A Hoy Award to a wonderful new blog and to a wonderful woman.

I am very impressed with this blog and would recommend you take a look.

Celeste Maia@

Maia’s Into the Moonlight.

My name is Celeste Maia. I am a painter, a writer and illustrator of children’s books, a wife, a mother and a grandmother. I was born and grew up in Mozambique and studied in South Africa, France, and the United States. I have shown my work in many countries on four continents. I love to travel, to read, to swim, to listen to introspective music and watch intelligent movies. I am attracted to the color red. I enjoy cooking and eating well, being with friends and having a good laugh. I will be writing about painting and esthetics, living with CLL, food, places I travel to, random thoughts and photographing along the way. I look forward to sharing reflections with you. You can see more about my work and my complete profile at

http://maiasintothemoonlight.blogspot.com/


Please pass to 5 other blogs.
Two of those must be new to you.
Post and mention who gave you the award with their url.
Then go to each blog you pick and ask them to come by your blog and pick up their award.

As Matt from A Hoy says:

http://threegoldsinonetournament.blogspot.com/

I'd like to think that receiving A Hoy will be different to most blog awards, because of the stipulation that one makes an onward award to at least two blogs that one has never seen before.

It's a psychological thing.

Suddenly having somebody turn up, out of the blue, and say "your blog's cool: have an award," has significant positive impact.

I know this, because when I receive awards, I make a point of searching for blogs I've never seen, which are "off the beaten track" of stuff that I usually look at, and the responses are
worth the extra effort.

This is, I would argue, also beneficial to the giver, because it requires them to think of things that they like - and you'd be surprised how few people think in those terms.

The award is called the A Hoy for Chris Hoy,the best track cyclist

http://www.chrishoy.com/wp/chris-hoy-biography.

4 comments:

Celeste Maia said...

Herrad, I am so, so, so touched by you. I dont have words to thank you for such an honor.
I am on my way out the door to the Alentejo, but as soon as I arrive back I will be taking the award and giving it to 5 people and following the procedure. Herrad, you have made my day! Thank you, dear friend! Be well, Celeste

Herrad said...

Hi Celeste Maia,

How wonderful you saw the award post before you left.

Hope you have a great trip, look forward to seeing your photos when you are back.

Love,
Herrad

Libby said...

herrad, i love it that you have a new blog for us to share! thanks!~!

Herrad said...

Hi Libby,

Celeste Maia is a loveley woman, she found me which is really nice.

Her blog is good, looks lovely and well written.

Hope you had a good Thursday and are all set for a great weekend.
Love,
Herrad