Saturday, April 09, 2011

Saturday At The Market.


The Diplomat.1939.
Peter Purves Smith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Purves_Smith

Today was a beautiful sunny, warm day, except for the very cold wind which was horrible for me.

I almost wanted to go back home, luckily there was sun on the other side, so Richie suggested we cross to the sunny side.

Once we were in the sun, everything felt better, my muscles no longer felt painfully stiff as they did when we first got outside.

Richie took over the controls until we got to the market, then I rolled around quite happily looking at all the stalls.

It was great fun, even got one of the stall holders to sing abit of an Andre Hazes song for me which was good fun.

The people running the Greek stall greeted us warmly, we bought various delicious salads, olives and filled peppers.

I thoroughly enjoyed being on the market, being part of it all was good it gave me a huge boost that has lifted my spirits.

When we left the market I managed to steer the wheelchair, until we got to where we needed to cross, then I asked Richie to take over.

A good outing which we both enjoyed, we also enjoyed eating the Greek delicacies for our tea.




  

















           

2 comments:

Have Myelin? said...

Oh I know how wind adds to the cold! We are having lots of wind here too. Up to 86 mph the other night, WOW!

Sounds like a good outting for you.

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Iat was great, hope the wind goes soon.
Thanks fr coming by.Love,
zHerrad