Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Reality Of My Situation.


Alice Rahon 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Rahon

Right now I'm feeling pretty good, after a very productive visit with our friend Cecile.

Who came to assist me with answering questions from the councils department which investigates all applications for assistance.

It was brilliant timing that she came today, as I did not get the e-mail from the investigator until yesterday.

The questions were all about whether the air temperature was warmer in our apartment than in other apartments.

I was also asked whether we had the windows open, and if we had the ventilation vents open above the windows.

There was also a question as to whether I used earplugs to stop being bothered by street noises.

They also enquired if I had approached my landlords about my problems with the warmth in our apartment.

With Cecile help, the questions were answered very succinctly, which should leave them in no doubt about the reality of the situation.

Which is that my problems with the warm weather all stem from the fact that I have Multiple Sclerosis; which deregulates the nervous system.

Multiple Sclerosis is the problem, not whether our flat is warmer than the others, or anything to do with ventilation or earplugs.

I also reminded them that the court had found in my favour, they had accepted my arguments that the only solution for me was air conditioning.

The court had instructed the council to go away and assess how to install air conditioning not to start a new investigation.

Now I have to wait to see what the reaction from the investigator will be, fortunately Anja, who represented me in court, will be here on Friday, with a bit of good luck the response should be here by then for us to deal with.

Having Cecile reading the court letter and confirming yet again that the decision had been totally in my favour has given me a big boost.

I'm now feeling confident about the whole matter, I'm glad I decided to fight against the councils flawed decision.

It's good to take on these bureaucrats and show them that they can't get away with their actions, I hope that more handicapped people will benefit from this precedent set by my wining my appeal. n                                                                                                                   


No comments: