Saturday, February 28, 2009

Handicapped Parking Ticket.




Last year I applied for a handicapped parkingticket I was iniatally told that they could do a house visit to check that I was indeed handicapped.

When the letter came with the appointment I was disappointed to discover it was for an appointment at the office of the GGGD.

The appointment was for 9.30 am which meant a 8.30 pick up by the mobility bus, they always insist on picking you up an hour before your appointment.

This in turn would mean that Richie would have to get me out of bed at 6.30 in order for me to be ready for 8.30 all this for 15 minutes at the GGGD office.

As I could not get a home visit I tried very hard to get a later appointment somehow this was not sucessful and in August I had to stay in bed because of the pressure sore.

Even then the GGGD would not do a home visit saying instead when they called me in September that they would check back in 2009.

In the meantime have found out from another dutch blogger that home visits are possible and will be paid for from the WMO, which is a law regulating all support for the handicapped.

So I will be applying to the GGGD next week for a home visit.

Thank you Peggy for the information on your blog.

3 comments:

Richie said...

I think we should ask for a repayment of parking charges over the last year!
Cheeky lazy bloody civil servants got a job for life and can't be bothered to move their fat arses to push a piece of paper- in Holland these fuckers think they are gods!
This denial of our right has deterred people from visiting us. It has impacted on our quality of life- and why? 'cos they were too idle to do their bloody job.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am guessing you are referring to what is called a handicapped parking plate or placard here in the US. Plates are permanent on one car while the placards are mobile for whatever vehicle you are using. ... Here in the State of Pennsylvania you just get a form from Department of Transportation get it signed by your physician and your placard or plates arrive shortly in the mail.

It seems so outrageous that you are made to jump through hoops.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

mortonlake said...

i have just got my blue badge,it enables me to park outside shops,banks etc.even on yellow lines. but it doesnt give me free parking.here in north norfolk they scrapped concessions for disabled parking.tight sods lol.take care,mort xx