Monday, April 02, 2012

Quality of life when handicapped is crucial

Peter Purves Smith

I am quite worried and upset that I can’t get the possibility of being able to operate my IPaq with the Seetech eye controlled software because this was rejected without any consultation by RTD Het Dorp.

The gadget gives me a tiny bit of independence, which lets me turn on the lights, TV, monitor who is at and open the front door, use the phone, and operate bed, DVD machine.

When I got it in November 2010, it become quickly obvious that my hands were starting to get weaker and it would not be long before I would not be able to use it.

 At the time I thought that when I could no longer use my hands that a good alternative would be available for me to be able to still use my IPaq.

Now I can no longer lift my hands enough to use it or press, Richie helps me by operating the IPaq, which is not giving me any independency.

That can surely not be the idea, one of the things, I would like to be able to do, is add phone numbers and make calls to friends with Seetech software.

I think it’s vital that this be put in an advice; I find it odd that it was not sent to Agis.

Together with a speech therapist’s report, which I hope will be also useful to me; I could do with advice on how to optimize my vocal capabilities.

I have requested that the advice to Agis gets rewritten to include update of the progression of my MS, because I think it’s important.

I think it would be good to emphases how quickly I have become so severely handicapped, and how scary that is for me.

RTD Het Dorp, maybe technology geniuses, but just like many top doctors do not seem to have any empathy with their customers.

Which is why it’s important for me to work with a good sympathetic advisor, who would be capable of empathy with my situation.

This would be good and help me to learn how to operate the software with my eye movements, as quickly as possible.

Which is important for me so I can maintain some quality of life to keep me going, and prevent deep depression.

I am confident that the Rehabilitation Clinic will try to do everything they can.







No comments: