Saturday, September 12, 2009

Enjoying the sunshine and happy noises of little children playing outside.




















Costume Jewelery.

Here it is the end of the afternoon, abit late taking my baclofen tablets but no worries as I took the first lot quite abit later this morning.

My darling is not feeling too well today, which is horrible for him, hope he feels better soon.

Despite feeling ill he will do and has already done so much for me today and in awhile he will hoist me ou of bed and shower me.

Never thought before I was handicapped that taking a shower would be so complicated and take so long.

It takes about two hours to hoist me using the electric hoist, takes 15 to 20 minutes and another 5 to 10 to get me organised and sitting well in the shower chair.

So by the time we get to the bathroom it is often 30 minutes later, because my body tempeature fluctuates widely, it is not a good idea to take off all the clothes at once.

Richie carefully removes my trousers so I can be positioned over the toilet, to have a bowel movement, afterwards Richie wraps up my legs and removes my top and wheels me to the shower area.

He carefully showers my torso and pays special attention to all the liitle folds and creases as there could be yeast infections.

If there are Richie applies the cream after I am dry, but first he gets the warmed up towels and carefully dries me and applies almond oil and anti yeast infection vcream if needed and dresses me in a new top.

Then Richie showers my bottom and legs and dries them carefully, he applies the ting dressing to the nearly healed wound and slips on a clean pair of loose pannts.

Afterwards he wheels me to the motomed and straps my feet and legs in to the machine and I start the machine which moves my legs, I do this for 30 minutes.

This together with my 30 minutes arm exercises evry morning plus the leg exercises and massages and twsice a week 30 minutes with the physical therapist is my weekly exercise routine.

Think that this has helped me quite abit, it certainly has given me good arm muscles.

Going to post this once I have found some pictures,I am enjoying the sunshine and happy noises of little children playing outside.

Have a good Saturday.


14 comments:

Cranky said...

Herrad - thanks so much for the award, sorry I've been so tied up with work stuff that I couldn't stop by before now to post a note. You are a thoughtful and inspiring person.

Herrad said...

Hi Cranky,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
Have a look at my other blog I put up an artcle about Hilary Lister, the paraplegic sailor.
http://herradsportsilike.blogspot.com/
Hope you and Skip are having a pleasant weeknd.
Love,
Herrad

JC said...

Stopping by to say 'HELLO' on a Saturday afternoon.

I bought some mums and planted them in my front yard by the door ... I can see them out my den window.

It's warm here .. 80's ..

Oh, I Thanked You for the Award .. I think but I'll do it once again cause you are so very nice.

Herrad said...

Hi JC,
Thanks for coming by and leaving such a nice comment.
You are very sweet, hope you are having a good day, wonder what colour the mums are.
Love,
Herrad

robert said...

Spending much time with the kid provided me somehow the feeling of an 'ever-present' presence, knowing no past nor future, as he enjoys each moment, like it has always been, like it will never end.
A Sunday filled with moments of joy to you. 'Get well soon' whishes and a Wou-Wou from Stefan.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Must be lovely playing playing with Stefan, children are a wonder.
Their play is so important and so good for the adults.
Have a good Sunday.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad! I think I will ((hug)) Richie right now after reading that and ((you)) too. I know when my daughter was home, it is a lot of work, but love doesn't see that part. I hope Richie feels better soon!

Sat with my daughter for a couple of hours today. One day at a time, right?

I was thinking about Richie's pear and mincemeat pie/tart. Does he make his own mincemeat? I think he should start a recipe food blog, for diversion and fun for all of us he can take photos of the food and the recipes and "how-to" do what he does.

Just in case he needs something to do lol

I like looking at jewelry, esp floral motifs, not necessarily wear them, but looking at catalogs is pleasant diversion.

Have a nice Sunday

Webster said...

Such lovely jewelry pictures you have. What kind of jewelry to you ever put on to feel better? A bracelet? Earrings to go with your hair? :-)

Marit C-L said...

I hope that Richie feels better soon! I am sending 'good vibes' to the both of you :) I think the two of you are absolutely amazing... and YEA for arm exercises!

I know how good those can be - I broke my back and had some pretty severe nerve damage in a cycling accident last year - and one of my first physical therapy exercises was to use my arm/shoulders and work my way up to the hand cycle machine. Every little bit helps!

Keep it up!

Sending you warm thoughts for your Sunday (and yes - the jump from 30 to 20 degrees is huge! Eeks!) Let's all hear it for children laughing.

Nancy said...

Your jewelry pictures are so pretty. I love the necklace with all the colors.

Hope Richie is feeling better soon. So glad your bath makes you feel better, and so sorry it is so difficult to do.

Have a great weekend, Herrad.

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad!!!! So sorry Richie isn't feeling well, I hope he gets better soon. I always imagined that shower time would be an endeavour. I didn't know about your leg exercises! I love the new signature btw!!!
So it's windy and rainy on the island right now, and I'm happy as a clam, lol. No touristy stuff happening for me I think, I'll just catch up on blogs and naps today! Hope your Sunday is finding both of you well!
xx

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Richie is feeling alot better today thanks.
He usually makes his own mincemeat, a food blog would be good but think he is too busy.

Hi Webster,
Used to wear earings, bracelet, and necklace everyday, all colourful.

Hi Marit,
Thanks for your good vibes, Richie is much better today,
Your back injury sounds really heavy, well done for recovering so well.
Today ended in sunshine, hope your day is good.

Hi Nancy,
The colours are very good, must get Richie to take photos of my sparkly things.
Richie is quite restored today.
Having a shower used to be quick but not now.

Hi Rain,
Richie much better today, he has been practising on the chanter.
Wonder what the weather is like today for you.
If you have good rain proofs you can go out in any weather.

Thanks everyone for coming found aand leaving a comment.
Also thanks for your concern for Richie, he is better today.
Love,
Herrad
.

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad! Cool and rainy today! I do have a great pair of rain boots and a little slicker, but my umbrella is useless in the wind, lol! I'm just too tired to do anything, enjoying a day at "home" with the dogs!

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Nice to see your comment, it was grey and cloudy until 4 then bplue sky and sun.
Have a a restful time.
Love,
Herrad