Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peter and The Test Tube Babies @ Melkweg on 21 November 2009.

















Great start to the day today, had a response from an email that I sent to Peter and The Test Tube Babies.

Yesterday I looked on the internet for gigs we could go to when I am up and about in the wheelchair once more.

Saw a brilliant gig in The Melkweg on 21/11 with Peter and The Test Tube Babies and 6 other punk bands.

Peter and The Test Tube Babies have been around for 31 years and is a brilliant band.

Sadly the gig was already sold out, so I found the band’s website and sent them an email last night.

Got an email from Peter himself this morning which was a wonderful surprise and totally unexpected by both of us.

The response I got from Peter was wonderful, he will see if he can advise us how to get in and I can buy cd’s via him.

I am very touched by his response and so was Richie, who had not expected me to hear anything from Peter or the band.

I got quite tearful and choked up with emotion at the idea of a good punk evening in The Melkweg to celebrate my return to mobility.

Going to see Peter and The Test Tube Babies would be a great way to celebrate being mobile once again after more than a year in bed.

Here is the mail I sent:

Hello Peter and The Test Tube Babies,

Overjoyed to see you are playing at the Melkweg in November and then devasted to see it is sold out already.

Not a surprise as you are popular, but very upsetting for my partner, Richie and I, as we really fancied seeing you.

I have been in bed for over a year now with a pressure sore that is only healing now, I will be getting my wheelchair adapted in mid to end of October so was looking for a good gig to go to.

I know you have no say over ticket sales and allocation but just wanted to mail you in case you had any advice how we might still get tickets.

I am desperate to get out of bed and rolling around town and a good gig like yours would do me good.

Regards,

Herrad

My blog:

http://accessdenied-livingwithms.blogspot.com/

What a wonderful man Peter is, so pleased he took the time to mail me, his mail has made my day, it has shown him to be a real punk darling.

Today is a good day, have had a nice visit from an old dear friend Malte and phone calls from two other dear friends.

One an ex colleague from a company I worked at in 2003 and the other a friend who moved out of Amsterdam in 1990, real nice to hear from both of them.

I am enjoying today, the weather was great until just after 4 pm this afternoon when the sun went away and now it is slowly moving towards twilight at 17.43.

The neighbourhood children are enjoying playing football outside and I am enjoying hearing them.

Hope today is a good day for everyone




17 comments:

Marit C-L said...

That is AWESOME!!!! Absolutely fantastic and I am loving it! :) HOORAY! I know that you'll have a super time at the concert - so so so exciting! It sounds like a wonderful Sunday....and weekend in general.

Okay - so now we've got lemon cake, fruit smoothies, coffee dates, and a kick-butt rock concert! Woo hoo!

Cranky said...

Great to get this stuff lined up for when you're back in the chair.

Wonderful that Peter got back to you directly.

Exciting for you. Hope those bureaucrats get off their duffs and make the approval to complete the next step quickly.

Herrad said...

Hi Marit,
Thanks for coming by, I0 am so looking forward to getting to do all these things soon.

Hi Cranky,
Like you I too hope they get their arses in gear and help me get out quickly.

Thanks both of you for coming by, I am getting very excited now, can hardly wait but of course I will do my best to stay calm.
But inside there is a big Yippee bubbling up and ready to explode joyfully on the day in October when I get to go out.
Thanks for your support and friendship.
Have a good afternoon/evening.
Love,
Herrad

GoBigGreen said...

Woohoo! super excited for you Herrad. Enjoy yourself ok?

Herrad said...

Hi Julia,
Thanks for coming by.
The perspective of trips out and gigs to go to is very exciting.
Have a good afternoon/evening.
Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Herrad! Great video too, you know I like punk rock too, I'm so happy that he replied to you so positively! Things are so bright, it only gets better from here right? Yey!
:)
I went to see the scarecrows today, boy was that ever a hoot! I took so many photos, will try to post them today! Hope you had a great Sunday and a lovely evening!!!

robert said...

So glad to read the happyness between the lines you write.
Would be glad to share with you what will become of my son, having a father whos head was once shaved, but only the right side of it, while leaving the left one with its half meter long hair...what a nice memory...thank you for that. A wonderful start into the new week !

Libby said...

oh herrad, how freakin' exciting that is!! not just the wheelchair & getting out, but also that peter wrote you back so quickly & nicely! it's always nice when people like that remember who put them where they are, isn't it?

soulful sepulcher said...

I think they should give you an all access pass and Richie too. Hang out with the crew ahead of time, and have front row space for you reserved.

What an awesome fun time you'll have!

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Herrad I never heard of this band till now. It brought back memories of 1970's punk days.Loved the Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Ramons.
Are you going to do your hair a funky colour for the concert?

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Great live band, really looking forward to everything now.
We had a good evening, hope you did too.
Shall check out your photos after posting this.

Hi Robert,
Shaved on one side only sounds good.
I used to shave the hair away around the back of my hair and quite a way up my head and put henna in my hair.

Hi Libby,
You are right it is getting very exciting now....yippee!
Peter seems a nice man.

Hi Stephany,
That would be nice, certainly be great to be there.
The Melkweg is very accessible so there is no problem with getting in to the building or around.

Hi Carole,
They are a good live band, love The Ramones, we went to a Ramones Tribute night at Paradiso in 2001 just after Joey had died.
The Heiderosjes did it, and very well too, the guitarist got carried away and threw his guitar in the air and nearly could not catch it.
He panicked.
Love to dye my hair, fancy the brightest red possible, be good fun to do.

Thanks for coming by, re ally nice to share these good moments with the prospect of trips to come very soon.
Very exciting indeed.
Have a good week this week.
Love,
Herrad

JC said...

I hope you get to go ...

Herrad said...

Hi JC,
We are very excited about it.
Have a good evening.
Love,
Herrad

steve said...

Watching that video, I started to think about how brief moments in the past can leave permanent scars for everyone to see.

Unknown said...

Hello there, my name is Laurier, I'm a friend of Jayas! She mentioned that you're going to peter and the test tube babies, I happen to be a huge punkrock fan myself and I'm quite jealous. I've been going to shows for 10 years now and have seen acts such as the varukers, the casualties, total chaos, gbh, anti nowhere league, the subhumans, conflict, defiance and uk subs just to name a few, (that's impressive for a canadian!). Jaya's the shit and any friend of hers is a friend of mine, so I thought I'd say hello. oi!

Herrad said...

Hi Laurier,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
You have seen some good bands, know the bands, saw UK Subs here they were brilliant.
They were just like friends, the singer got off the stage to dance and pass joints to anyone that wanted one and lots of the local punks got on the stage.
The Misfits were also brilliant, very fond of them.
A brilliant night.
Real good to see your comment, sorry it took so long for me to respond.
Have a good day today.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,
Just saw your comment, sorry did not mean to not comment.
Scars are often there from experiences some are just not so visible.
Love,
Herrad