Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kippers and Grand Prix Race Isle of Man.
























Slept well last night until spasms and shouting outside jerked me suddenly awake; my darling heard me and was right there with thc.

Inhaled and slept again quickly and had a great dream of speeding around outside on some souped up cross between a wheelchair and a scooter.

This is my first dream in a year of being outside; it was a wonderful dream, very realistic, could feel the wind on my face.

It was so realistic that I slowed down by putting the brakes on too quick and nearly did a crash landing stop.

Felt like years ago and I was speeding down country lanes on my 250 cc Greaves motorbike, a sweet memory.

Going to the Isle of Man in 1973 (I was 22) with the Triumph Owners Club was a big event, felt great riding up the motorway to Liverpool with the other bigger bikes.

The Isle of Man is a beautiful place, very friendly people and pubs open all day, a veritable paradise for us.

We stayed in this little hotel, we had bed & breakfast & evening meal, and they served us excellent food, for breakfast there were plenty of the famous Isle of Man kippers.

The Grand Prix races were on all week and we went along to each race, on our bikes, and on the way home we emulated the racers.

Great fun, especially going over a couple of bridges and doing a sort of bunny hop and both tires were off the road briefly.

Very exciting, felt like we had taken part in the race ourselves and we would arrive back in Douglas flushed and elated.

Very exciting indeed, on the boat going over I had been mobbed by bike enthusiasts who were all over my bike.

Apparently the Greaves was a classic bike, sadly could not answer their many detailed questions which seemed to mystify and sadden some of them.

Funny that dreaming about being outside again brought back those memories of the Isle of Man and my motorbike.

Had a very pleasant phone call from a good friend from Devon, very nice to hear from her, we have had a great talk for 1 ½ hours.

Hope the big cloud moves on fast and the sunshine returns soon as it has been very nice indeed.

My hands and arms are very painful today, notice that typing this is very slow and clumsy, my fingers have no sensation at all, my feeling is that I do not care anymore how it feels.

As long as I can still write I do not mind that it is slow and there are many errors to be edited out.

In the here and now I am happily writing my post and looking forward to visiting other blogs and leaving comments and getting comments as well.

Have a good day, I am enjoying mine very much, hope you enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad! What a great dream! I love how you're dreaming of racing around outside in the fresh air! We all know what's on your mind huh? ;-)
That's a great memory of you and your motor bike! I've never had a kipper, what's that like?
I hope the sun has come out on your side of the Atlantic! It's sunny and 9 out today, a wee bit cool, but the wind is calm so it's not too cold! Have a great Saturday!! I plan on sitting home with some wine and watching old British comedy reruns!
xxx

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Lovely to get your comment, thanks for coming by.
Remembering the trip to the Isle of Man was very sweet.
Kippers are great, they are smoked herrings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kipper
Have a great time watching British comedy.
Love,
Herrad

robert said...

Only what can be dreamed, is able to become a reality.

A wonderful dream-filled Sunday.

Ana said...

Hi Herrad!
Sending you good vibrations!!!!!!!!!!
Love you dear.
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi Robert;
Thanks for your lovely optimistic comment.
You too have a dream filled weekend.

Hi Ana,
Lovely to see your comment, means alot to me.
Love you too.

Thanks both of you my dear friends for coming by and leaving comments.
Really appreciate it very much.
Have a good day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Unknown said...

Herrad,

I love those outside dreams where you can feel the wind. I had my very long hair cut very short when I was 14 and had recurring dreams that my hair was long again....very realistic, but especially the one where I was riding in a convertible with the top down and my hair streaming behind me. thanks for reminding me of that one.

Shauna

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad, it sure is getting closer to being a dream come true for you, glad you had a nice long phone chat with a friend.

Happy Sunday to you

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I don't think I've ever tried herring, although I love smoked fish. I'll have to keep an eye out for some! Plus I love the word kipper, love how it sounds, lol!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

This is a wonderful post. You took me there with a dream and a memory.
You have wonderful writing.Have a great week.Love, Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Shauna,
Lovely to see your comment, liike the memory of you sitting in thie convertible, lovely picture of you.

Hi Stephany,
I am getting excited about going out soo.
It was great talking to Angela yesterday, she is a very good friend.

Hi Rain,
Kippers are very good, nice with brown bread and butter.
Keep your eyes open for them.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment, glad you liked my post.

Thanks you lpovely people for coming by and leaving my a comment, mush appreciated.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad