Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good news and Sunshine, Blue Skies and Strawberries, Butterflies and Bees.
















Pop Art.


Slept well last night until something woke me up, from the light outside it was before 6 am.

Just as I was thinking what now Richie got up, so when he returned I asked him for THC which was successful in helping me get back off to sleep.

Had a strange dream about being stuck somewhere in the middle of someone’s endless rambling conversation.

When I told Richie he suggested that is was maybe someone talking outside, we do get alot of people who have to stand under our bedroom window talking loudly.

Weird that they never seem to mind who hears them, it is like people who go on the Radio and TV.

And tell millions of listeners their secrets which up to that moment no one not even family and friends knew.

Oh well just have to learn to live with these street 'performances' maybe I will even see the funny side.

Ton Peeks,from the RCA, (Amsterdam Rehabilitation Clinic) came around 30 minutes earlier today, yesterday it slept from his mind, because he was so busy at the Rehabilitation Clinic.

He was so embarrassed about this, and suggested he came round today at 12.15, so I was very surprised when the phone rang and Ton said he was at the front door.

Luckily Richie arrived home with the dogs so Ton could come up and inspect the wound.

Ton was very pleased it is barely 1 mm, very tiny and the skin looks very good around the healing wound.

He will be back on 7 October, when we all hope that it will be totally healed up and I can start to sit again.

If all goes well the adapted wheelchair should be ready not too long after Ton’s inspection.

Richie and I are very happy about this, and as if to highlight our happiness the weather is exceptionally good.

Blue skies, sunshine, strawberries,bees and butterflies on the flowers by my bedroom window and it is warm.

Richie took the dogs around the block in a short sleeved t-shirt and Ton, too had a short sleeved shirt on.

He took a photo for his files and to show Doctor Stolwijk the progress, Ton is delighted and very happy to come by weekly when I start to sit again.

I feel optimistic now, that soon I will be able to go out again something I was not convinced of before last week.

Mathilde, lmy physiotherapist was happy to hear the good news when she came round for our exercise session.

Happy days are ahead, know this for sure now, last week Thursday modelling session showed me that sitting in my wheelchair was a realistic prospect.

Something that will really happen and not just a day dream but a real prospect.

I am so happy, will enjoy today very much.

Hope you do too.

18 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

This is just great great news, Herrad! Thank goodness that is healing up, finally. It seems it is all good happening now, definitely good things to be able to focus on for sure. October is so close!

HUGS

JC said...

Sounds good ...
Hope you have a peaceful day planning where you're going to go when you have your wheels again ...

Pretty Zesty said...

Great news, Herrad!

Diane J Standiford said...

You have come so far, PRIDE! Feel it. Let it rain on you. HEY, LOVE the bulldog's ear: "Diva" hahahahah

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
It is great news, we are very pleased about this.
Good things are going to happen soon.

Hi JC,
I am happy so is Richie, my day is good hope yours is too

Hi Kris,
It is very good.

Thanks for coming by,I am looking forward to going out and posting photos of my trips.
Hope today is gpood for you all.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
I am feeling very good today.
Even better since reading your comment.
Love,
Herrad

Lucy said...

That is super news about the chair. The very best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

First of all POP ART PUGS!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! :)
Herrad, the news just keeps getting better and better! I can't even picture 1 mm..so tiny! I'm glad you're enjoy nature around you, and strawberries always make me smile too! I bought some more today at the farm. I've been having them with some vanilla yogurt, my take on strawberries and cream I suppose! I found a "bottle your own" wine store, so I got some nice Australian Chardonnays and Shiraz'..very affordable! I really love this town, it's called Summerside. Everyone is so friendly, mind you, they don't sit outside my window yacking at 6am!!! I don't know how, but kudos to you if you find humour in it! Have a great evening!!!
xxx

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So glad to read that you are doing so very well and I know you look forward to being able to go put once again....!

All those images are quite wonderful....! I particularly like the "dog" images, especially that one that is colorful with many different designs happening in it..."DIVA"....Great!
These are so very cheerful, aren't they?

Herrad said...

Hi Lucy,
Thanks for coming by and wishing me luck.
I am very excited now.

Hi Rain,
Glad you like the pug pictures, did post them special for you.
Where you live sounds very good indeed,
I like the idea of fresh fish and veg close by you, that sounds excellent.
A bottle your own wine store is also good.
All that and beautiful location and friendly people too.

Hi Naomi,
Thanks for coming by, it is good to hear from you.
Hope you are doing well.
Glad you liked the pictures, I like the dog images too.

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Iut is always a great pleasure to see them and they giv eme such a boost.
Have a good Friday.
Love,
Herrad

robert said...

Butterflies will dance 'ring-a-ring-a-roses' upon your entrance of next month.
All the very best for you all.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
Really like your comment very much.
I could see the butterflies as I read your words.
Have a good Friday.
Love,
Herrad

Libby said...

herrad--i truly love to come by every day, and read how happy you are lately!! [hugs!]

Herrad said...

Hi Libby,
Thanks for coming by, makes me smile seeing your name.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Herrad The THC really helps me sleep better and doesn't have that hangover effect. Can't ever Thank You enough for inspiring me to try it.
Wish I could go for a tour outside with you when you finally can get out there!

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Glad tihe thc works for you, it is a good way to sleep.
Shame we do not live closer, woukld be nice to go on a trip with you.
Have a good Friday.
Love,
Herrad

Friko said...

good news indeed; may it continue and continue and continue...
I wish you all the best, enjoy those strawberries!

Love, Friko

Charisa said...

What great news! Sounds like the weather is perfect as well!