Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enjoy a late afternoon outburst of sunshine.























Suddenly it is Thursday again; Richie just brought me a delicious glass of homemade lemonade which was very good.

Today the wind is quite cool, had to get Richie to close the window, so for the first time since April the window is not wide open.

Slept very well in the end, had a wee bit of a problem getting off needed some THC and then it was no problem at all.

Slept until 11 am again, nice for Richie to be able to get up and slowly wake up without right away having to be busy with me.

When I sometimes think about how MS has changed our lives I can see that it is not easy at all.

Richie is always on call and I can do nothing on my own, so both of us have lost our private time.

Everything I need has to be asked for and done for me; I do not spend time thinking about this as it would just needlessly upset me.

Not really into self harm, so do not get involved with thinking like that, have learned that the hard way.

Yesterday had a brilliant time passing the beautiful Moonlight Award, it took me hours but it was fun to do.

And best of all the award has been received with great pleasure which is brilliant, look forward to seeing it on many blogs.

Looking forward to watching the football later when England women's team play Germany, should be compelling viewing.

Wonder who will win, there should be some of the Arsenal Women's team in the England team.

Tonight is also the final episode of the Wire, generally do not like cop shows, they are usually too simple and you can see how it all unfold in the first 30 seconds.

The Wire is different, it is intelligently and well written, it treats the viewer as an intelligent being.

And the plot unfolds episode by episode, the characters are good, no matter how unpleasant they are you can understand them.

Will miss it when it is finished, but in a way I am also glad, as it is on very late, not until 12.20 pm and it is not finished until 1. 15.

So by the time Richie gives me my last baclofen and I brush my teeth and we talk and before you know it’s already 2 am.

We need to ex tend the days by sleeping earlier which we will start to do after tonight, except for Tuesday8 and Fridays as then it is later with Jools.

That is Jools Holland; he has bands and singers on his show which is very good, and an excellent way to keep in touch with music.

Jools was a member of Squeeze, who was great fun in the 70’s; he is a very good piano player.

Well going to post this and find some nice pictures and sit back, relax and listen to the radio program on BBC Radio 5 live.

And enjoy a late afternoon outburst of sunshine

Have a good day.


8 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad, I love the new signature, I may take a look at that site myself! Have a good evening together.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
We have had a very pleasant evening, hope yours is too.
Love,
Herrad

Marit C-L said...

You know what? I've felt the change in the weather as well...the days really ARE getting much cooler.

What beautiful photographs - I have to admit that I just love turtles...always have and always will. There's just something incredible about them -

I'm glad to see the two of you have had a nice evening - and why is it that the good TV is always on late at night? :)

Webster said...

Lemonade on a cooler day? Brrrr. Have you ever had warm lemonade? Actually, it sounds intriguing, doesn't it?

Love your new signature. Might get one too.

Celeste Maia said...

I liked seeing your signature at the end. And a glass of home made lemonade is just what appeals to me right now.
Yesterday I had some bad news about my health, so I was a bit down. You understand what that is. But one day at a time.

Herrad said...

Hi Marit,
Lovely to see your comment, surprised to hear you are also noticing the change, thought you lived in a place that was warm all year.
Glad you liked the pictures, last night was the last episode of series 5 of The Wire, I shall miss it and the characters.

Hi Webster,
Love lemonade even on a cooler day, lemons are a big favourite.
I am intrigued by warm lemonade, sure it would be nice and if you have a stinking cold you could put a alcohol in it, say whisky or rum.
Got the signature after admiring Kris's signature.

Hi Celeste Maia,
Thanks I really like the signature too.
Sorry to hear that you have had some bad health news, that is very worrying indeed.
Makes me very sad to hear this from you, but as you say one day at a time.
I am thinking about you.

Thanks dear friends for coming by and making my day brighter, hope you all have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Marit C-L said...

Hi Herrad,

Well - I can pretty much assure you that the change in Southern California is VERY different from where you are. So... I suppose the highs are *only* in the 70s along the Pacific Coast here (as opposed to 80+ last week and the week before). The mornings are much cooler - in the upper 60s...

Now that I think about it - its not really TOO much of a difference - but enough to tell a little bit. I actually grew up in Minnesota and got quite used to the seasonal changes. That's one of the things I miss about living where I do now (nope - NOT complaining)...feeling the seasons change...very special!

Hope that you've had a GREAT Friday!

Herrad said...

Hi Marit,
Thanks for explaining the difference in the weather, you are right it is good to feel and see the seasons change.
Just find the chanmge from summer to autumn abit quick.
Here it went from about 35 to 20 in a week and from blue skies and sun to grey/cloud cover and very cool wind and lots of rain.
Not nice at all, oh well soon it will be winter and then spring will be here again quite quickly.
Love,
Herrad
ps today has been pleasant hope yours was too.