Sunday, February 07, 2010

6 Nations Rugby Championship













We watched the two Saturday night football programs last night and before we knew it was gone 2 am.

Seem to be staying up very late and it is not unusual for it to be that time before Richie turns the light off.


Hope that this week we can manage this abit earlier say 1 am and who knows we can even manage to go to sleep at midnight.

That would be nice, better for Richie otherwise he has to do everything in the few hours before the shops close.

We got into the late habit when we started to watch The Wire last year, then we were both surprised that we liked it.

Found it very good, all the characters were well done, you might not like them but you could understand them.

Found myself liking quite a lot of the people, we were both rooting for Naim, when he got a new home with the ex cop Bunny.

It was a very good TV series, one of the best I have seen, sadly it finished and since then we have been staying up late.

Spike was pleased we were up late as he was down by my feet happily tucked up and sleeping peacefully.

Brave dog being confined all day; he is just opposite me so he can see me which seems to be where he wants to spend his days.

Slept very well eventually last night, sadly only dozed initially before waking Richie for some THC, which h did the trick
.
So glad that I can use THC would really hate to be using opiates, shame there is such a reliance on opiates.

Going to enjoy the chips Richie is making right now, the smell is very pleasant and anytime now the rugby will start.

Scotland versus France in the Rugby 6 Nations Championship is starting now and the chips are delicious.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your evening Herrad! Chips sound wonderful! I'm planning to spend the afternoon cooking!
Talk to you later,
Rain

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Enjoy your cooking, I am curious what you are making.
The chips were excellent.
Thanks for coming by.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Hope the evening is a nice one! Last night I made a crabcake on sour dough toast for dinner, was good and the crabcakes were on sale.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
I think our evening is good hope yours is too.
Crabcake sounds good how is it made?
Keep warm and xwell.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Well these were already made at the seafood counter of the grocery store, but they are cooked crab meat, some spices, maybe some onion and mixed with a little bread crumbs, dusted in bread crumbs, so I fried them in butter in a little pan all crisp...then placed them on top of the sour dough bread slice, that was covered in cheddar and gorganzola cheese crumbles. placed the cake on the bread with a little tarter sauce mixed with lettace shreds. Sounds more complex writing it! :)

A little cloudy and light rain today.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany
Thanks for the crab cake info it sounds yummy.
Love
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany
Thanks for the crab cake info it sounds yummy.
Love
Herrad

Marit C-L said...

Hi Herrad! You know - I'm a night owl as well...I don't think that will ever change! ENJOY the chips! Right now Nathaniel and I are watching US Football - and he's eating Potato Chips. Makes me smile to think about European Chips & Football and American Chips and Football. All are GREAT!

Sending you good vibes and well wishes!

Diane J Standiford said...

Have a great day Monday!

Enjoying the Ride said...

Hello Herrad,

I'm a former American Football player (school). I have a lot of respect for Rugby players. American football is violent, but heck, at least we have a lot of paddding- not those rugby players.

My state just approved medical marijuana dispenseries, so pretty soon I'll be able to get some if I'm so inclined.

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad, hope everything is fine with you. Thank you for the nice memories upon watching Rugby and becomeing a great fan of it, even though most of all for the All Blacks and the Scotish Team.
Still trying to obtain the biography of All Black Star Jona Lomu, which I've heard should be great.
Please have a wonderful Tuesday you all.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Glad you enjoyed the post, rugby is a great game.
I have heard Jono Lomo's book is good.
Have a good tuesday.
Love
Herrad