Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sunny Saturday.













This cold has me feeling pretty crap today; notice my index finger is already not working too well.

Also have been noticing that my body is slumping even more, this is as a result of spending so much time in bed.

It is a double edged sword, have to stay in bed until the tiny tear in my skin has healed over, can’t sit in my wheelchair until then
.
Really need to sit soon as it is not good for me to spend too much longer in bed, have been in bed since August 2008.

From 29 October I could finally sit again and move around in my wheelchair, and typically just as I was hoping the weather was getting milder and I could to get out Richie discovered a tiny tear in my skin.

Now I am trying to wait patiently while my body is noticeably deteriorating, it is very difficult to see this and to keep being positive.

Doing my best to do both, some days are easier than others, this cold has wiped me out, luckily I slept well last night thanks to thc and eucalyptus oil.

Managed to go to sleep and stay asleep until the rubbish containers were being emptied into waiting trucks.

This always happens at 7.30 to 8 am on Saturdays, was pleased I went back to sleep again until 10 am.

We needed the extra sleep because we stayed up late to watch the Skeleton Bob Sledge, Amy Williams gold won very well.

All the skeleton bob sledge competitors were excellent, what surprised me was that I enjoyed this sport when the Luge Bob Sledge really worried me.

Going take it very easy today, must remember to take paracetamol and drink lots of liquids and eat fruit, hope to be better by Thursday next week.

Well the clouds have blown away and the sunshine is back, it makes everything look so munch better.

I intend to relax and enjoy he sunshine and the radio, as soon as Richie is back from he market we will be watching football on the TV.

Have a good weekend everyone.





Crying Rose Red Sparkling Images

12 comments:

Display Name said...

I hope the cold goes away quickly Herrad! I hate being under the weather...but yes, the sunshine always helps! :) I was watching the skeleton too, head first down the luge track is insane to me, but I still enjoyed it! I recorded the ice dancing, so I'm going to watch that today! :)

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Hope you feel better soon.Our neighbor's son makes Burton snowboards and several Vermonters got medals. Love, Mary

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Sending a BIG HUG your way and a big smile too, wish I could come there and we could talk and visit.

MS is a dreadful illness, and I appreciate you sharing your worst times here for us to learn, and understand.

What's for dinner Richie?

JC said...

Thinking of you ...
Know that I care.

soulful sepulcher said...

PS GET WELL SOON!!!

hugs

Muffie said...

Hope you get over that nasty cold really quickly. There's nothing worse than feeling as if your head is swimming under water. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Peace,
Muff

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by and wishing me well.
I found the skeleton very exciting.

Hi Mary,
Thanks fro your visit and good wishes.
Guess snowboarding is big in Vermont.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your visit and good wishes and hug and smile.
We are having cauliflower cheese, rice, dhal and chocolate ice cream with raisins and rum.

Hi JC,
Thanks for your visit and good thoughts.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your get well wishes.

Hi Muffie,
Thanks for your visit and get well wishes.
Really hope I get better soon.

Thanks everyone for coming by and leaving your nice comments.
Have a good weekend.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

Ana said...

Sending tropical vibrations to you Herrad!
You will get better soon!
I just published the Bambi series.
Thank you!
Love,
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi Ana,
Thanks for your visit and tropical good wishes.
Big hug.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

What did you have for dinner Herrad? I'm having pork chops. :->

Hope the tear in your skin heals fast. Have you investigated THC lotion?

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad,
many getting well wishes for you. Glad that you were able to see the sun on Saturday, as for a couple of days it was nearly totally missing, as huge dust and sand cloud did arrive from Africa, making the sky somehow bleached.
Wishing a wonderful start into the new week for you all.

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for coming by, good to see your comment.
We had soya and lentil mince in a spicy sauce with basmati rice and cauliflower cheese.
And homemade chocolate ice cream made with raisins soaked in rum..yummy.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your visit and good wishes.
Hope the clouds of dust are gone now and the sun is visible again.

Thanks both of you for coming by.
Love,
Herrad