Friday, February 26, 2010

Rainy Day Fun with 2 Jack Russell's.











Gothic Art.

Raining today, Richie says it is damp and windy and unpleasant, shame as it is 26 February and we are moving swiftly towards the beginning of spring.

Richie is making a big fry up for our brunch, it smells very good, hope it arrives soon as thinking about it and smelling it has made me extremely hungry.

Had very good nights sleep last night, seemed to be in a very good dream, perhaps even several dreams.

A good friend Cecil's birthday is today, we ordered a big bunch of tulips to be delivered to her before lunch.

Got a very excited telephone message around 11 am, that the flowers had arrived, she sounded very happy indeed.

Wish that I could transfer her voice from our answer machine so you could hear her pleasure.

Especially nice for me to do something like this, to be able to give a friend pleasure, when I can not go to her house to celebrate her special day.

By the sound of it food is here quite soon, have to get Richie to reorganise my body before attempting sitting up to eat.

That was delicious; it was a wonderful mixture of leftovers from last night with the addition of sardines.

Never thought of frying up leftovers and adding sardines could be quite as tasty as this was.

Wonderful and tonight Richie is making fish and chips with mushy peas and brown sauce and pickled onions.

Followed by his delicious prune and rum ice c ream, the coconut cream makes it super creamy, when Richie said he had made prune ice cream I thought it sounded horrible.

Then I tasted it and it is very good indeed.

Nice for me to get all these taste sensations, Richie cooks so well, nice to be spoiled rotten by my darling.

I enjoy it very much and so does he, it is an extremely good arrangement for the two of us and for our 2 Jack Russell’s.

Despite the pain and the weather it is a good day for me, hope that it is a good day for others too.

Let us all enjoy the moment.






Crying Rose Red Sparkling Images

6 comments:

Display Name said...

Oh I like spoiled rotten! I'll take that any day, lol!! :)
I agree...the sound of prune ice cream...but I'll take your word for it! If I ever make it to Amsterdam, you'll have to let me taste some!
:)

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad! The brunch and dinner menu all sound delicious for sure. Prune danish is a favorite of mine, so the ice cream doesn't surprise me that it's so good! added in almond paste to the danish and it's really good, sounds like the coconut and rum in the ice cream all balances out.

I imagine laying in bed smelling all of the good stuff cooking would make me hungry too, I hope you can get back to sitting up soon so you can go sit in the area and watch the cook at work!

HUGS

JC said...

Hope you have a nice weekend !!!

Anonymous said...

How very nice to read the the "ice cream season" is now officialy open - can't wait to have my first of the year.

A wonderful Sunday for you all.

Webster said...

Ooh, I can't wait for ice cream season, one of the best!

You mentioned sitting up to eat (after being repositioned) - but no Ton report. Am assuming the little wound is better? I hope that it is.

Tulips! In April there are a group of ladies I know who may carpool up to the Skagit Valley (in Washington State) for the annual Tulip Festival. Of course, I will have to take my wheelchair - and will have to see how it goes.

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by, lovely to see your comment.
Prune ice cream is wonderful, creamy toffee of the prune and coconut cream make this delicious
If you ever see an ice cream machine going cheap grab it.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
Our brunch and dinner menu was very good indeed.
Prune ice cream was a revelation, it is incredibly good.
Would be great to watch Richie cooking again.

Hi JC,
Thanks for your visit and comment, my weekend is good thanks, hope your weekend is good too.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
You are right ice cream time is the best time.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
I love ice cream and it is ice cream time all year for me.
Ton did not think there was any improvement, Richie did.
I have to wait it some more.
Look forward to seeing your photos of the annual Tulip Festival.
Thanks everyone for coming by and leaving your nice comments.
We are watching the Cup Final between Aston Villa and Manchester United.
Have a good day today.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad