Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Occasional Brilliant Flashes of Sunlight.













Feeling a bit better, my nose is not running nor have I got a thumping headache or an added tightness round my chest.

Nice to be rid of that 'I feel like I'm dying' sensation, good to not have to be taking paracetamol regularly through the day.

Think it will be this time next week before all the symptoms of the cold have really gone and I am ok.

Nice that I can breathe better today, it was dreadful trying to breathe through my mouth and eat or drink.

Have never had to give this much thought before, what a nasty shock when I had such problems breathing and swallowing at the same time.

The only way to cope is to do everything slowly, which is no big deal, but did take me a moment to get the hang of it.

Weird to have to swallow so carefully but the alternative was not pleasant, noticed that getting a drop of liquid in the lung takes ages to clear.

Sleeping was also not so easy either, again breathing was not easy, could only take small breaths through my nose before I would have to breathe though my mouth.

Getting very fed up of hearing about Cheryl and Ashley Cole on radio stations and reading about them in the newspapers.

These shock horror stories about what celebrities do when they are away from home such as John Terry, Tiger Woods and now Ashley Cole really are so boring.

Shock horror young over paid and over pampered stars have sex with willing participants.

Who cares as far as I am concerned all I am interested in is the sport and not what they do in their own time.

Golf to me is not a sport that I have any real interest in, not like football, used to love playing hockey at school.

Playing in a team, operating well and being able to use the skills and abilities of the members of the team is what makes team sport so interesting.

Liked that aspect in my work on the Service Desk and at the Help Desk both jobs were as part of a team.

Good to know who your fellow team members are and what their qualities are, the team now is smaller.

But nonetheless effective, I know that Richie will always find a solution to most problems that is very comforting indeed.

Love to see him look at things very holistically and come up with solutions, this is so very reassuring for me.

Going to stop now so that I can find pictures and then popst this piece for today, nearly forgot to mention that my friend Toos will be around for a quick visit of 30 minutes.

Be nice to see Toos at 15.30.

The weather is changeable today, mainly grey and misty with occasional brilliant flashes of sunlight.


15 comments:

Display Name said...

I agree with you that all this celebrity bullspit is just very boring...they think they're untouchable huh? Hope you have a nice day, I'm glad to hear your cold is finally moving on!

steve said...

Here's a little Stevie Wonder to help push those clouds away.

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
The cold is still here but for sure it is getting better.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your visit and the music link.
A nice piece of Stevie Wonder sunshine.

Thanks both of you dear friends for coming by.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Jo said...

Hi, darling Herrad! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by to say hello.

I'm glad to be back posting regularly after my brief break (*See also breakdown, anxiety kicking in...)...

Lovely pictures, as always. So happy you're feeling better.

It's almost 'MS Awareness' -- fundraising going in high gear next month!

Stay strong, lovely lady!

Thinking of you,
~Jo

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

I'm glad to read that you are feeling a little better, what a relief!

Have a nice evening!

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Jo,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your lovely comment.
Good to see you are back good luck with your MS Awareness fudnraising.
Keep warm and well.
Big hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your nice comment.
I am for sure much better, really happy about that.
Not sitting here snuffling and with a bad headache.
Have a good afternoon and evening.
Keep warm.
Big hugs.
Love,
Herrad

JC said...

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. And, celebrities being bad .. doesn't matter who you are or how much $$ you make .. everyone should be kind & polite .. and if you don't want to be married, get out of the relationship without being a nasty pig. (just my op)

Amrita said...

Love the pictures you have posted and Spile on your sidebar.

It ws very brave and courageous of Tiger Woods and apologize in public. No matter what he did , he has promised to make amends to his family, fans and empoyees.Don 't you think that 's good.
Acknowledge you 've done something wrong and ask for forgiveness?

Glad you are feeling better my dear.

Bibliotekaren said...

Glad you're feeling better. I have swallowing and breathing challenges sometimes -- everything feels a bit more primal in that realm. Take care.

Ana said...

Now you will get better and better.
I'm sure that next Monday you will forget you had a flu.
Nice pictures and YES! The sun is amazing!
Love,
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi JC,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
I agree everyone should be kind to each other and honest.
Then there would be no sensational headlines which would be nice.


Hi Amrita,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your nice comment.
I agree it is good to acknowledge what you did and make amends.


Hi Donna,
Thanks for coming by, nice to see your comment.
Horrible having breathing and swallowing problems.
Thanks for your support.

Hi Ana,
Thanks for coming by, you are right I am getting better.
Feel better today.
Glad you like the pictures.

Thanks everyone for coming by.
Have a good day today.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

MSActivist said...

After seeing snow this morning I am delighted by your spring time pictures. Thank you for giving me a smile today. I hope you have one too.

Herrad said...

Hi MS Ativist,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a message.
Good to meet you and to visit your blog.
Intend to visit you often,
Have a good day.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

Unknown said...

Dear Herrard, I would like to ask your permission to use one of your gorgeous landscape photos in a video I'm editing.