Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Bright Cold February 3rd 2010














Pop Art.

Thought Ton would come here today, so took a lormetzepam last night and slept until 10.30 did my arm exercises and Richie did my leg massage and exercises.

After that I took my baclofen and calcium/vitamin D tablets and then brushed my teeth and washed face and neck and hands.

Then I was ready for the weekly inspection by Ton, from the RCA, the Amsterdam Rehabilitation Clinic.

The phone rang and it was Ton to say he wouldn’t be here today, but tomorrow at 11.45 with Ludwine, the doctor’s new assistant.

She, Ludwine is made for this job, she is so good, good empathy with her target group which are people rehabilitating from a variety of reasons and causes.

When I first met Ludwine I was still walking, if only just, had recently bought a smart black walking stick.

Then I could just about get up and down the two flights of stairs between me and the outside world.

Shame the tablets they have now to stop walking getting progressively worse, were not available then, they may have been able to help me then.

Maybe if my first neurologist had taken some action, things might be different now too, he did nothing and would not even give me any information, none.

He very clearly told me in so many words, I can’t help you are going to get progressively worse.

We can warehouse you, and give you personal care, we just can’t offer you any medical care, and there is nothing we can do to influence your MS.

Sadly there is nothing we can do, but observe and watch and document your steady decline.

All the more reason for me to make sense of it by deciding I can only be here and now, we all are.

We all need to realise that we all only have this now and none of us know what the next minute can bring.

Sounds good to me, like the only good way to live.


It is very cold today and bright and sunny which I am going to enjoy now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have somebody like Ludwine. I can't imagine how I would react if one non-empathetic person entered my life, especially if I was dependent on them. Let's hope for good news from Ton tomorrow so you can get back into your wheelchair! Enjoy you day Herrad! I may challenge that darn wind and head outside again! Still fighting!!! :)

Anonymous said...

PS: LOVE the pop art pugs!! :)

Ana said...

Hi Herrad!
Help making February 7 "International Day in Memory of SSRI Fatalities"
All you need is joining Bloggers Unite event:
http://www.bloggersunite.org/event/international-day-in-memory-of-ssri-fatalities

There are more explanations at my blog and also at Bloggers Unite.
Thank you!!!!!!

Steph said...

Loved the Pop Art today...actually I have a test on Pop Art today in my art history class...kinda ironic...hope you are having a lovely day! :)

soulful sepulcher said...

I hope the news will be good tomorrow too.You're an inspiration to all of us, Herrad!

HUGS

zoomdoggies said...

"There is no time but the present."
-- Terry Pratchett
-- A Thief of Time

Thanks for the reminder, Herrad. And the zoomdoggies love the pop pugs!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Glad you are learning to enjoy the day, we don't know about tomorrow.
kim

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
We are both hoping Ton gives us good news tomorrow.
Glad you liked the pugs.
Hope you survived the wind.

Hi Ana,
Thanks I will take a look, we should all support this.

Hi Steph,
Lovely to see your comment, hope you do well in your test tomorrow.
Good luck.

Hi Stephany,
You are an inspiration to myself and many others.
Hugs.

Hi Zoomdoggies,
Thanks for reminding me too that there is no time but now for all of us.

Hi Kim,
Have to enjoy now it is all I and we have.

Thanks everyone for coming by and making my day even better.
Hope you all had a good day.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad,
hope you are feeling fine. Am a bit speachless - thank you.
Please have a wonderful Thursday you all.

Unknown said...

Hi! Herrad Just dropped by to say Hello !
Love
carole

Herrad said...

Hi Roberft,
Hope your thursdazy is good.

Hi Carole,
Love seeing your postcards up on my wall near the bed.

Thanks for coming by both of you lovely friends and leaving comments.
Hope your day is pleasant.
Love,
Herrad