Friday, February 19, 2010

Silver Linings.













Sniffling for the first time in ages hope it stays at a stuffed up nose and does not escalate to a full blown cough and cold.

Slept all night with a handkerchief next to me with eucalyptus oil, seems to do the trick and I can breath easily.

Hope I make it would really hated the pain and discomfort of my lungs getting full, at the moment it looks and feels like I may just get away with mild cold symptoms.

Ton was here yesterday to inspect the wee skin wound and sadly again there is no real noticeable change.

It is clean and healthy; there was no infection present when Ton took a swab, so we will have to wait patiently.

Something that I find very difficult to cope with, but somehow for a chronically impatient woman I manage to keep the teeth grinding frustration to a minimum.

These days I actually can rise above it after a quick grumble, just to register and ventilate my grievance.

Oh well next week is another chance hope that by the end of the month I will be able to start sitting again.

Hopefully by then the Brainfingers people will have got here too, I have had an initial response, but then nothing.

If I have not heard anything by next Monday I shall contact them again.

Our dear friend Anja will be here at 3 pm for a visit, be excellent to see her, looking forward to it.

It is a dreary grey cloudy day, typical for here; Richie says it feels like it is getting cold and icy once more.

Oh well I don't care, not if Anja is here.

Have a good Friday. ]


12 comments:

Webster said...

Don't sleep with the window open in this cold weather. BRrrrrr. Breathing cold, dry air isn't good. Stay Warm, and drink some spiced tea.

Display Name said...

It's a gray day here too! I sure hope you can beat that cold quickly! Enjoy your visit!
:)

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your visit and comment and advice.
All much appreciated.

Hi Rain,
Thanks for your visit, still grey here.
Anja's visit was good.

Thanks both of you for coming by.
Have a good Friday.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

I'm glad the visit was good, and I hope the cold comes and goes without adding anything worse for sure. We have had unseasonably warm temps during the day, though frosty freezing at night, but sunshine all week and into next week projects the weather forecast.

I don't like the idea of you being sick with that cold and will keep you in my thoughts.


HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your visit and kind comment.

I feel pretty rotten but all manageable.
Am drinking lots of liquids and regular paracetemol.
Have a good day.
Love
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Chicken soup sounds in order. Hope you feel better. Great pics.
Love,
Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
We had creamy lentil soup, chips and chocolate ice cream.
I am feeling terrible, should be better tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Nancy said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit, Herrad, and the cold doesn't get worse. It's grey here today, too. Definitely winter, still.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Herrad:)

Greetings and good wishes:)

I am always inspired by your grit and courage. Whenever I feel depressed and despondent, I just have to open your blog and read what you write. I get motivated.

Lovely photos.

My prayers and best wishes:)
Joseph

Herrad said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for coming by and commenting.
The visit was good.
Sadly the cold became a proper full blown cold.
Richie is looking after me very well.

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for coming by and leaving me a comment.
We inspire each other and support each other.

Thanks for coming by, lovely to see your names.
Have a good day today.
Love,
Herrad

Judy said...

I hope your sniffles get better soon, Herrad. Thanks for the incredible images you posted.
Judy

Herrad said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your visit and good wishes.
Glad you liked the pictures.
Have a good Saturday.
Love,
Herrad