Saturday, February 13, 2010

Enjoying this moment here and now.














Today is a dull cloudy day, snow has been forecast and by the look of outside could happen at any moment.

Richie says it is extremely slippery outside, Kostverloren kade, the big canal at the end of our street is frozen over once more.

The ice breakers keep it open as it is one of the major waterways into Amsterdam, shame that so many canals were filled in during the 60’s.

This city would not be as polluted as it is, if they had not chosen in favour of the motor car, shame that they did so.

So many canals are now only a dim memory, I was here with my mother in 1958, when she tried to minmize her luggage.

This was achieved by making me wear several layers, foir me this is still not a nice memory.

We are watching rugby, well Riche is watching it and I am writing this post and can hear the commentary.

Seems to be an exciting game, hope Scotland win against Wales, that would make Richie’s weekend complete.

Since the good news about my carrers allowance has been extended for two years oin Thursday we have both been very relaxed.

It is pleasant to fall asleep with no problem, and if I need it THC is available, hate to think how I would hacve got back to sleep this morning without thc.

I got woken up because it got too cold, Richie closed the wsindow and got me a bag of vapour and I slept for a few more hours.

Things have been so much better now I do not have to worry about money, its bad enough to be so handicapped and in so much pain without havin to worry about money.

Now I am enjoying these carefree days while can, m arms were verypainful when I woke, so have done double the usual arm exercises.

No snow yet but looks like it could happen any minute now


Enjoying this moment here and now.


9 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad have a nice evening!

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,

Thanks for your vsisit and comment.
Hope your weekend isspleasant.
Big hugs,
Love,
Herrad

awb said...

Scotland over Wales, why not? Money worries are horrible, glad you have a buffer.

Andy

Herrad said...

Hi Andy,

Scotland were leading most of the game then Wales got two tries and they were level with Scotland and in the last minute got another which meant they won.
The Scottish team were shattered,they played very well best we have seen them play in a long time.
It has been a noticeable relief for both of us that my carer's allowance has been extended for two years.
Funny how I have been sleeping so much better since Thursday when I heard the good news.

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
Have a good Sunday.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrrad
ps how was your b irthday cake?

Anonymous said...

Please have you two a wonderful Valentine's Sunday.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
Have a good Valentines Day.
Love,Herrad

Webster said...

Netherlands was first in one of the long skating events. Blew the USA out of it! Why aren't you watching the Olympics? Did you get your turkey sandwich and coffee?

Have a warm day. (I hate waking up because I'm too cold too. Then I have to put socks on.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
Thanks for coming by, lovely to see your comment, makes my day.
We were watching until 3 am here then we had to sleep.
saw the luge, the downhill and some skating
also saw it snowing there which hopefully will save the Games.
No turkey sandwich yet.but plenty of coffee and chocolate.
Keep warm.
Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Dan Digmann said...

Thanks, Herrad.

I'm thankful I had a chance to visit your blog today.

Truly, "Enjoying this moment here and now" is something we all need to take the time to do every day.

Wishing you all the best,

Dan