Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good News.














Slept very well last night but then something woke me up again, luckily Richie got up at that moment, so I could ask him for some THC which got me back off to sleep again.

A gorgeous sunny Thursday, well it was briefly when my visitor Anne was here just after 2 pm, but by the time Mathilda arrived at 3 pm, the sun was gone and the snow clouds were back.

It is very cold, with a very nasty east wind straight from Siberia and the roads are icy and extremely slippery.

Still the weather is not a problem for me, not until I can sit again, then I shall have to build up the time that I can sit in my wheelchair before I can even think of going outside again.

Had some good news today, finally got the call that I have been expecting since the beginning of the year.

It was to tell me that I have been given an extension of my carer’s allowance for two years, what a relief, now I know that I can pay Richie.

So that worry has gone now, feel very good about that, even snow clouds can’t take that away from me.

It was a horrible shock on 30 December, to discover that I should have requested the extension in October.

The letter telling me this, did not reach me until 30 December, not a nice discovery to make at the end of the year.

Tried to put it out if my mind, but surprise, surprise that was not easy to do, so it kept popping into my mind, generally just as I was drifting off to sleep.

Then I would be wide awake once more, usually with no chance of sleep for hours, have promised Richie when this happens to wake him for THC right away.

He is right it is better to wake him right away then we both have a chance for more undisturbed sleep, than if I lay awake for hours.

Recently I do call Richie quickly and once the THC does its bit I can sleep again, so can Richie reassured by my even breathing that I am sleeping.

Think that tonight I shall sleep well now I do not have to worry about the carer’s allowance anymore.

Happy days are indeed here again.






14 comments:

steve said...

Fantastic news, Herrad! Calls for some prosecco!

soulful sepulcher said...

Great news, Herrad and Richie! Hope you have a nice relaxed evening now, with a little less worry and stress.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your visit and congratulations.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your good wishes and visit.
Thanks both of you for coming by
Hope you will both join us in a toast.
Have a good afternoon and evening.
Love,
Herrad

Display Name said...

Great news Herrad!!! That must be a huge relief, I know you, and I'm sure you had at least a few sleepless nights waiting for that news. I'll join in on that toast! I have some red wine waiting to be cracked open!
:)))

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

This is good news Herrad!
<><

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
It is a huge relief thanks for your visit and you are right I had lots of sleepless nights.

Hi Noe Noe Girl,
Thanks for your visit and comment.

Thanks for coming by and leaving sweet comments.
Love,
Herrad
.

Anonymous said...

What a joy to read after a nearly 19 hour day. Guess that being patient remains key to life. A wonderful weekend for you two.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Lovely to see your comment, you are right being patient is important.
But sometimes it is difficult to do, very difficult.
Hope you have a restful night.
And a good Friday and weekend.
Loved,
Herrad

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Herrad
I am not a patient, patient.
Yeah, guess I'm not a comic either :)
Glad you have some good news
Yay! for THC. It sure helps .

Cranky said...

Herrad - I'm so happy for you and Richie that this financial worry is put to bed. I am happy that you live in a country that has figured out a way to subsidize home care for disabled folks and that the compensated carer can be a family member.

Webster said...

Yes having no money worries makes for better sleeping. Prosecco and THC don't hurt either. And I'm sure Richie feels much better too.

Rest well.

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Lovely to see your comment, thanks for coming by.
Patience is not nice, hate having to be patient but am learning.

Hi Cranky,
Thanks for your visit and congratulations.
It was a big relief getting the good news yesterday.
As a consequence slept very well.

thanks both of you for coming by, it is much appreciated.
Hope you both have a good day.
Keep warm.
Big hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
You are right I slept very well last night.
Thanks for coming by, it is much appreciated.
Hope you have a good day.
Keep warm.
Big hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Stuart said...

Herrad - I am glad to see you doing better. - Keep me updated.
Best Wshes - Stuart

-------------------------
By the way everybody, I too Have Multiple Sclerosis and this is what propels me to send this message: If You are affected By Multiple Sclerosis as either the patient, a caregiver or a friend, and want to remain up to date with ms information, then please register at this website: http://www.msviewsandnews.org - to receive our weekly MS related, e-Newsletter. - thank you