Friday, December 11, 2009

Brilliant Visit.










Slept badly last night, think I was overtired, after yesterday’s meeting to evaluate the adaptation on my wheelchair.

Yesterday was too much for me, also for Richie, my mind was still too busy thinking about the meeting when Richie turned the light off.

Felt out of sorts today, could not get moving and found that I could not do anything this morning.

This afternoon was totally different which was wonderful; finally I was not in bed for most of the day.

I sat in the wheelchair for 5 hours, got up at 3 pm so Richie could give me a shower and was ready and waiting for our visitors just before 5 pm.

Brilliant visit from Gareth and Paul and for the first time since early August last year I was in the front room to greet them which was really good.

It was lovely to see them in there for a change, instead of in the bedroom, it was really enjoyable.

Nice to see our two lovely friends again so soon, they were here on a visit on 16 to 25 November.

Sadly a very good friend of theirs Rob, died just a week later, they came over on Monday for his memorial service on Tuesday and funeral on Wednesday this week.

Really heartbreaking that Rob has died so quickly, his long term partner Steven must be heart broken without his darling.

What I find the saddest is that they were going to get married on December 7 th and Rob died on the 3rd of December.

Very sad, shed a few tears thinking of them both, two very sweet men, Rob had the most beautiful deep-set blue eyes I have ever seen.

I did not know them well, had the pleasure of watching the Gay Pride Boat Parade in 2003 with them and Gareth and some other friends of Gareth’s and Richie and I.

We will not forget Rob, I am sure that I will think often about him and Steven, and keep him alive in our thoughts.

Good to remember but important to live in the here and now, and enjoy the present.

Looking forward to sitting again tomorrow, now the support has been modified under my arms; I can sit without discomfort and look forward to doing more each day.

11 comments:

steve said...

Best. Pictures. Ever.

I no longer view sudden death as a bad thing. Heartbreaking, yes. But not bad.

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Very beutiful photos of you and the tree, thank you so much for sharing them.

HUGS

Marit C-L said...

Oh - my heart goes out to Steven and Rob... I'm thinking of them...

On a happier note - you look wonderful! And WOW - 5 hours is great! It is amazing to think about how strong you are becoming :) I love your tree - stunning!

Ana said...

You will get better Herrad!
Love,
Ana

Have Myelin? said...

Love seeing you in your chair with the Christmas tree and your bag. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad!
I love the pictures!!! It's so nice to see you in the chair! And the tree is so pretty too. I like your sweater!! :)

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings.....
Glad you had a good day hope you have a delightful weekend.

I have a question - does MS affect the memory? My reason for asking, I have a friend with MS and I am noticing some gaps in her memory, things we talked about, things I told her seem gone. When i said remember I told you so and so on so and so and she would say no you didn't tell me and I did. I did not contradict her I simply provided the info again.

Amrita said...

Hi Herrad, like your nice photos and the doggies too.

Sad for your friend 's loss but with Steve I also agree that sudden "peaceful" death is not bad. I don 't include a violent death in it.

Unknown said...

So nice to see you in your chair....it's been along time coming.

S.

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your visit, sudden death need not be bad, Rob was told a a short time before, weeks, that the cancer had spread, sadly he died 3 days before their planned wedding.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your visit,nice to see your comment.

Hi Marit,
Thanks for your visit and sweet comment.
The tree is great isn't, we like it very much.

Hi Ana,
Thanks fro your visit and supportive comment.

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your visit and comment, enjoyed my bag even more than in bed.

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by, glad you like our tree.

Hi Rhapsody,
Thanks for coming by, some people's memories are affected by their MS.
Many have cognitive problems, some can't talk or swallow.

Hi Amrita,
Thanks for coming by, glad you liked the photos.
Rob was told a a short time before, weeks, that the cancer had spread very fast and he was terminal, they did not realise it would be so fast, within a few weeks.

Thanks for coming by everyone.
Love,
Herrad.

Herrad said...

Hi Shauna,
Thanks for coming by, lovely to see your comment.
Love,
Herrad