Sunday, December 27, 2009

Post Christmas Football.













Can't believe it is already the day after Boxing Day, now it is the countdown to the end of the year.

It will be loud here on Thursday, hope Spike and Marleen will cope as well as they did last year with the fireworks.

They are lying happily in their beds, playing with their toys and hoping we will give them some more of the delicious dog biscuits Richie baked for them last night.

We are having a nice relaxed day today, had a late lunch of fried egg, chips, slices of marinated crispy Tempe and fried bread and pickled onions and brown sauce.

Brilliant food, the haute cuisine of the English cafes, always used to like going to a greasy spoon in England.

Used to like ordering bacon, sausage, egg, mushrooms, beans and a fried slice (bread) and of course lots of hot sweet milky tea.

Occasionally a fruit crumble and custard as dessert.

We still have fry ups, now with slices of crisply fried Tempe and vegetarian sausages instead of bacon and meat sausages, sometimes we have fried slices of halumi (Cypriot cheese).

Football is on today, the post Christmas games; we have been watching the Arsenal v Aston Villa game.

In half time we watched an old episode of Dr. Who, even though we had both seen this one before it was still rather scary, I was glad Richie turned back to the game.

Still 0-0 and could end as 0-0 too as both teams are really battling with each other , as I typed that Fabregas scored a great goal for Arsenal.

What a game and getting better all the time now Arsenal are ahead, going to post this and watch the game.

Have a good day.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the game guys!!! I'm glad you're having a nice relaxing day! The breakfast sounds very yummy! I'm chilling out too, just doing more research for my trip, drinking some coffee and eyeing that cake on the counter, lol!!
:)

Friko said...

Heavens above, what wonderful food you conjure up in this post. I am so fed up with turkey and all the trimmings, yes please, me too for the greasy spoon.

Have a happy New Year, Herrad.

Ana said...

:)
Have a great day.
I'm glad you are fine!
Nice pictures. I love your blog!
Love,
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
The game as good Arsenal on 3-0!!!!!!!!
Hope your Sunday has been good too.
Enjoy your cake.

Hi Friko,
Hope your Christmas has been very enjoyable.

Hi Ana,
Hope your day is good.

Thanks all of you for coming by, have a good Sunday and new week.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

I had a fried egg on sour dough toast with bacon this morning myself. Have a good evening both of you

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Your breakfast sounds good, hope your day is too.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

I love to hear about how the two of you get along so well. Richie cooked dog biscuits! That's so wonderful, especially for Spike and Marlene. Yes the countdown is on. Remember, on New Year's Eve we will be having a full blue moon (the last on was 19 years ago) - so prepare to howl at midnight!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

We have been relaxing and eating leftovers and glad you had a nice day. Love,
Mary

Joan said...

Have just finished my breaky bran it was today and you made my mouth water with the thought of you fry up mabe tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed to footy not one of my things but there is Biathlon on later today now there's a sport to behold. Love Joan

Have Myelin? said...

I love my Sunday afternoon football games too, Herrad. =) Glad you and Richie got to enjoy the games too!

You made me hungry. LOL.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
The dogs love home baked best, I used to make them when I could use my hands.
Richie cooks their food too, they get tripe once a week and soya chunks and rice and veg and oats.
They get fish often, Richie get a whole fish which has been gutted, he filets it and cooks up everything else and whizzes it up, then cooks it up with oats and potatoes and rice, the dogs love their fish porridge.

Hi Mary,
Good you have had a relaxing day.

Hi Joan,
Porridge sounds like a good idea in cold weather like you are having.
What is a biathlon?.

Hi Sherry,
Sunday afternoon football is good, luckily the games I wanted to see were all played.

Thanks all you lovely people for coming by, hope you are all keeping warm and well.
Love,
Herrad