Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Fine Visit From Marianne.











Henri Matisse.

Fine Visit from Marianne this afternoon, it was good to see her, it was the first time in three weeks.

On Sunday she called me very upset, she had just got back from a weekend at her sisters, and her two cats Ted and Lewis were ecstatic to see her back home.

Both were being stroked by her, Ted was rolling around happily enjoying the attention enormously.

Suddenly he let out a horrible noise and went limp and was instantly dead.

What a horrible shock for Marianne and Lewis, she stayed home yesterday, so she could try to get over Ted’s death.

Glad she took the time for herself and also good for Lewis, who was extremely upset and sat all day by the spot his brother died.

Really happy Marianne rang me on Sunday; she is good like that she has always treated me normally.

Glad she did not think ‘oh, better not worry Herrad, with her handicap’; despite only knowing me like this, she has always treated me like a friend not a handicapped person.

She is a fine woman, glad we have met and I have had the opportunity to get to know her.

Brilliant that both of us were looking on the same day, me for a volunteer and Mariane wanting to be a volunteer.

It was serendipity.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that must have been so horribly shocking! My condolences to her...geez, scares me too. You just never know. I'm glad you had a nice visit.
xxx

zoomdoggies said...

A chance to support a friend through a difficult time is always a good thing -- for both of you.

JC said...

I am so sorry for her and her kitty. That is the second one I've heard of lately, who've had that problem. (I think it was a stroke in the othre case)

Hope you're having a good week ...

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by, Marianne was shocked to bits.
It was good to see her.

Hi Zoomdoggie,
Thanks for coming by too, you are right, supporting Marianne is good.
Really glad she called me.

Hi JC,
Thanks for visiting, we thought it was a stroke too.
It happened really quickly.

Thanks everyone for coming by, appreciate your visits and comments.
Although it was very shocking for Marianne, she is however happy he was still alive when she came home.
She was in bits today, we are very happy we can support her through this difficult time.
Hope tomorrow is a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Nancy said...

How horrible! That would truly be shocking.

Herrad said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
It was shocking for Marianne, she is very upset, glad we can be there for her.
Have a good day today.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

How horrible for Marianne. I am glad you were able to offer her support. That is what friends are for and something tells me YOU make a good friend. =)

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for coming by, I was glad to be here for Marianne.
Love,
Herrad