Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Tante Herrad. and The Van Gogh Museum.











Georges-Pierre Seurat

Slept surprisingly well last night, which was very welcome, painful spasms and the containers being emptied outside woke me.

The spasms were horrible, plus every time I tried to straighten my arms they cramped up, it felt like an electric shock.

Tried to but could not hold back my tears, and pretty soon I was sobbing, my darling Richie was straight by my side, stroking my arms and head and kissing me.

He got me some THC and once I had inhaled a few bags and Richie had drunk a cup of coffee, I did my arm exercises and then Richie did the leg exercises and massage.

Not too long after I was set up for the day with my laptop and the phone, which rang.

It was the friends of my auntie Herrad’s from Spain, they wanted to come by and bring me a letter from her.

I tried to explain that it was really not convenient for them to come around; until they explained they were leaving on Friday.

I panicked and said to come round, then but really just for a minute to leave the letter.

Really did not want to see anyone today, as we had planned our day, but found it hard to say no.

As soon as I put the phone down I wished I had said no, especially as Richie was very upset, he has a lot of things to do today.

He had planned to clean the apartment and decorate the tree as well as go shopping and of course take the dogs out.

Plus today we had planned to get me to the bathroom early.

I am upset that I have unintentionally upset Richie like that.

Keep forgetting that I do need to consult with my darling, so I know whether he can cope, also this gives me time.

Forget Richie can’t do everything, for me he is my hero my super hero.

Tomorrow is going to be very stressful with people being here for the second time because of the adaptation to my wheelchair.

6 people, four of which will stand around and watch as I am put in the wheelchair with the hoist and then put in the correct position.

This involves me being jiggled about; Ludwine will check the position of my pelvis and everything Elwin doe she will check to see if it is alright.

Just as I was typing that the visitors arrived, they stayed long enough to leave me a letter from Auntie Herrad and to give me a small box of chocolates and then they left for the Van Gogh Museum.

I rang Herrad right away to let her know that her friend’s had visited, which made her very happy.




9 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

I stayed home sick today. Tired and a bad storm, first official storm of the season.Your Tante would have preferred to visit in person I suppose. Hope your visits are successful even if an altered plan.Love, Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad, I'd like to wish you all the best for tomorrow.

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for coming by, sorry to hear you were sick today, hope you feel better soon.
Hate to think of you not being well.
What was the storm like, was it a snowstorm?

Hi Robert, Thanks for your visit and comment.

Thanks both of you for coming by and thanks for your support.
Love
Herrad

Judy said...

Herrad,
What a blessing your Ritchie is. I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.
Judy

Nancy said...

I hope tomorrow goes as smooth as possible.

JC said...

So you were nameds about your Aunt ... that's nice.

Hope tomorrow goes ok for you ..

Have Myelin? said...

Sometimes altered plans turn out to be the best plans so I will hope yours did for a change. =)

I am tired of the bitter cold here. At times the wind chill factor was as low as -17F. BRRR!!!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Hi Herrad, It was a bad wind, snow, sleet etc. Still little squalls. Power out near here 80-90 mph winds. Winter has arrived.Love, mary

Herrad said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your visit, Richie is brilliant.

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for your visit and good wishes.

Hi JC,
Thanks for your visit, you are right I am named after my aunt Herrad.

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your visit, you are right the altered plan was the best..

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your visit, hope you are keeping warm and dry.

Thanks everyone for coming by.
Have got behind responding because I have been spending more time out of bed.
Love,
Herrad