Friday, December 25, 2009

Winter Christmas Feast.














We are having a very cosy, dreamy sort of day today, have the tv on and whenever I feel like it I watch.

So far I have seen a film about a man who turns into Santa Claus, it was an incredibly corny film, it had everything you have ever imagined a corny film to have and then more.

Well have now also seen the Top of The Pops Christmas special and The Incredibles and later there is the Christmas extravaganza the is Doctor Who, looking forward to that.

Last night and until mid day today it was still extremely cold, then it started to rain, got colder and snowed but finally it got milder and it has been raining steadily and heavily for hours now.

I do not mind, shame it did not stay white and crisply cold, the important thing is it snowed last weekend and it snowed alot more on Monday for the Winter Solstice.

We are planning on a pleasantly relaxed and laid back Christmas day late afternoon and evening.

Richie is cooking up lots of treats for our Christmas dinner, we are having a chesnut & cranberry & mushroom pastry roll with roast potato and other roast root vegetables and cauliflower cheese and a steamed fruit pudding and lemon custard.

For now I have had a bag of thc, some fruit and nut chocolate and a wee nip of good Trinidad sipping rum.

It is a ten year old rum and delicious, somehow I always feel happier with a bottle of Trinidadian rum in the house.

Happy holidays dear friends.




t

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays dear Herrad and Richie!!! Enjoy your yummy feast and you quiet day! I'm in the same relaxed mode myself. I have a "fire" going (check out the video on my blog!), the boys are snoring after the excitement of getting "Pupperonis" for xmas, lol! I'm going to start cooking my own feast in a few hours! I have some turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry jelly and roasted sweet potatoes on the menu! And I'm making a mocha fudge cake with whipped cream for my dessert....oh boy, I better pace myself huh? Lots of yummy food for today!
Bye for now!
xxx

Cranky said...

Herrad - sounds like a wonderful day and feast and drinks planned. Merry Xmas!

Some friends made a feast for Skip and me. I'm picking it up shortly to bring over to have with her at the hospital.

Have Myelin? said...

Can I come for dinner? =)

Webster said...

I hope you two had a wonderful holiday, Herrad and Richie. I wanted to see The Santa Claus, but I don't have it on a DVD, so I missed it this year. It's one of the perfect Christmas movies!

I made a Pineapple Casserole to being to my cousins; we'll be leaving shortly for dinner there. She's making a Beef Prime Rib Roast which I love (it's only once a year!).

Be well,
Webster

mortonlake said...

my xmas in 2 words. burp.hic. lolol.tc herrad,love mort xxx

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Great to see your comment.
Hope your dinner was yummy.

Hi Cranky,
Lovely to see you comment too.
Hope your Xmas feast was good too.

Hi Sherry,
You would be welcome anytime.

Hi Webster,
Lovely to see your comment.
Pineapple casserole sounds good.

Hi Mort,
Glad you had a good Xmas.

Thanks for coming by, hope you enjoyed your Christmas day yesterday.
Love,
Herrad

soulsoprano said...

Herrad, So glad to read that you had a wonderful, relaxed Christmas Day! I love the movie "The Incredibles". My favorite character is Edna Mode. "I never look back, dahling...it detracts from the now." Wonderful quote. Funny how even a "kids" movie can make us think. I am enjoying your blog, and hope these winter days for you continue to be cozy and warm and full of the love you and Richie seem to have in your house. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!