Monday, December 14, 2009

Sitting Around.












Henri Rousseau.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Rousseau



Spent the afternoon in the front room after Mathilde the physiotherapist had been for our Monday session.

Her pleasure at seeing me sitting in my wheelchair was very touching; she is such a nice woman.

Glad she is my physiotherapist, she has such a good effect on my mood, if I am feeling down, she can get me smiling again quickly.

After she left today, I did my 30 minute leg exercises on the Motomed in the front room next to the Christmas tree.

Love being in the front room again after so long, Richie feels the same, says it cheers him up no end, can see that it might not be so much fun on his own, with me in the bedroom..

The dogs were every excited, playing around my wheelchair, Spike picking up other toys apart from his kong (his favourite toy) and shaking them excitedly at me, which was great fun.

Spent from 13.30 to 18.30 then got Richie to put me back to bed, real good to see more than the bedroom.

I know, that I have to be very aware that making the best of things can get out of hand and end up shutting out other possibilities.

It was good that I learned to make do with less stimulation for the last 15, nearly 16 months.

But now I need to almost unlearn and open up to the fact that there is more stimulation available for me now.

Really enjoying rediscovering life outside of bed and the bedroom, had a feeling today that it is going to be good fun.


11 comments:

Taxingwoman said...

Hi! Herrad
That is good news. I can almost picture you there next to the tree.

Ana said...

I'm also very happy.
Go Herrad... GO.....
Love,
Ana

zoomdoggies said...

Herrad, whatever the size of your world, you have obviously learned to find joy in it. I admire you for that. It is such a remarkable gift! Thank you for sharing.

mortonlake said...

good for you herrad.tc xxxx

Webster said...

You talk about that Motomed so much I am thinking I might have to get one! I do little enough as it is, it can't hurt!

Bibliotekaren said...

Herrad - I was impressed by the expansive view you provided your readers when your physical world was so limited. Am so happy to hear that it's opening up again! Take good care.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing you talk like this! You're so brave, change is scary sometimes! But you're right, we have to be care of those "comfortable ruts" don't we? That's so cute about the dogs going nuts, lol...my boys love their kongs too!

Have Myelin? said...

I love how you give so much of your world to us no matter the size.

Many hugs to you.

Pretty Zesty said...

Herrad! So lovely to read that you are doing well. I love the artwork you posted too! Love those jungle cats!

Ellen said...

There is something about your blog that cuts to the heart. A warm gentle tug in the heart that tells me that this indeed is such a wonderful world ... made even more so by gentle and brave souls who teach us by their courageous lives that we can never ever run out of hope, love, faith, and joy. By learning how to open up our eyes, minds, and hearts to life within us and without.... the blessings would truly unfold.

This is my first in your blog; glad to have come. God bless your beautiful heart and spirit.

Ellen
http://ellen-inretrospect.blogspot.com/

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Thanks for your visit and nice comment.

Hi Ana,
Thanks for coming by and cheering me on.

Hi Zoomdoggies,
Great to see your comment, you are right I have learned to make the best of everything.
Thanks for your support.

Hi Mort,
Thanks for your visit and good wishes.

Hi Donna,
Lovely you came by,thanks for sharing.

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by,you are right, habits are always hard to change even ones we do not like.

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for visiting and sharing, your support makes it good.

Hi Kris,
Thanks for coming by and leaving positive comments.

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for coming by, and leaving your sweet comment.
It is very nice to meet you.
I look forward to visiting your blog often.

Thanks everyone for coming by and giving me such a boost with your comments.
Love,
Herrad