Saturday, December 26, 2009

Enjoying Boxing Day 2009.













We stayed up too long watching TV yesterday and both found it very difficult to fall asleep.

It took three bags of THC before I could finally get off to sleep, think it took Richie a very long time too.

The nice thing is that when I woke up I felt ok, so maybe it just seemed like I was lying awake for hours and it as only an hour.

Time always seems to get elongated at night, five minutes feels like thirty minutes, and ten minutes feels like an hour.

In the end I think I slept for ell over nine hours which is not bad at all, funny here it is Boxing Day already.

Shame we can not slow down time on Christmas Day and make it an extra long day, but maybe that would not be such a good idea.

Guess we just have to enjoy every minute of it, savour it, like we did yesterday, and here we are now enjoying our second Christmas Day.

Yesterday the weather got colder first and snowed, then it got warmer and it rained all day, and all the snow melted from the previous week.

Today it has been a clear bright and sunny day, the sky was bright blue earlier today and is now fading to a soft forget me not blue.

Richie tells me it is very cold again, so could get cold enough to snow again by the time it becomes dusk today.

A very good Boxing Day indeed, Richie and the dogs are out in the park right now, so they should be back anytime soon.

Always nice to have happy and relaxed dogs, better for us as they are so much more easy going.

Have been really enjoying these Christmas days, did have a wee cry on Christmas eve but soon recovered and relaxed back into enjoying the moment.

Happy Boxing Day everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your Christmas! Funny, it does go by quickly doesn't it? I haven't really had the Christmas spirit in over 10 years, actually this was the first xmas tree I've decorated since then. I started to enjoy it again! I love how quiet it is, I live on a major highway and there are barely any cars driving by. Now all I need is a little bit of snow! Stay warm!!!

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Thanks for coming by, I love this quiet time of year too.
Glad you are enjoying Christmas again, it is grfeat fun.
Have a good afternoon/evening.
Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad, hope everything is fine with you all. Still am calculating upon a formula allowing me to provide slowness to time, as soon as I have a result, you'll know,even though it may take me much more time...but there is enough left of it, believe me.
A wonderful Sunday and a nice start into the new week as well.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Herrad:)

I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas day. Actually Christmas season extends till 31st Dec. So there are many days of Christmas.

There are some festivals in India like Onam, Pongal, Durga Puja etc. which are celebrrated over a period of 3 days.

Very interesting and enjoyable photos.

SEASONS GREETINGS:)
Joseph

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
It went by so quick I had no time to answer your comment as the day was over already.
Hope your Sunday has been good too.

Hi Joseph,
Christmas is very enjoyable, hope yours is too.

Thanks both of you for coming by, have a good Sunday and new week.
Love,
Herrad