Friday, December 04, 2009

Brilliant Visit.













Had an unexpected hard time falling asleep last night, was quite upsetting especially as I had thought I had solved my insomnia problem.

At 3 am had to accept it was not going to happen so took a relaxant and that seemed to help me as I slept after about 20 minutes.

Slept until 11 am which was very nice, felt rested and quite relaxed, until I yawned and then my arms cramped up and my legs had a huge spasm.

Instantly felt all the pain again, which was too much for me this morning so I cried, had a real good howl and let it all out.

Cried out all the pain and all the frustration of being dependant for everything, my biggest frustration is not being able to move my body.

Hate that I can only move my arms and can only pull my head and shoulders off the mattress with the help of the hand hold which hangs over my bed.

When I started crying Spike came and stood next to my bed and started crying along with me, until Richie put him up on the bed.

He then set about diligently licking my hands and then he moved in on my neck and face and tracked down every single tear and licked it up.

After awhile I started to feel very damp but by the time the wee dog had stopped and was allowing me to stroke his head, he seemed to be very pleased with himself.

And so he should be as by the time he had finished I was feeling much better, he is a lovely little dog, he is always very concerned about me.

Very sweet that Spike is so concerned about me, he is a very nice little dog, he really does seem to be very fond of me.

Today there has been a tight cloud cover, everything was grey and it rained pretty much the whole day.

A very good friend Anja, came to visit us which was brilliant, really nice to see her, we had a great visit.

Of course before we knew it the time had flown by and it was 5.30 and she had to say goodbye and go to catch her train home.

It was a very good visit, Anja is going to try to come back next week which would be excellent.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it might be true, that dogs are said to be the 6th sense.
Wishing you all the best for this weekend.

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Dogs do sense things better than us.
Have a good weekend.
Love
Herrad

Enjoying the Ride said...

I sometimes mess up in transfers, and end up on the floor or the ground. Whenever I get down to my West Highland Terrier's level, she comes over and thanks me by licking my face. It sure makes me feel better. I've fallen; I can't get up; and I'm laughing and smiling.

Judy said...

The longer we have our dog, the more I am convinced he not only intuits what is going on, he also intuits what to do about it.I have stopped being surprised.
Judy

soulful sepulcher said...

I hope Saturday is better Herrad, bless the dogs, they surely do help us feel better.

HUGS

Travelogue for the Universe said...

What a great story about your dog friend and healer.
My cats always fuss about shots and anything painful or distressing. They acknowledge our pain which we are taught to push inward. Have a great weekend. I am trying to read everyone's posts from this week.Love, Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for coming by and sharing your dog story, a Highland Terrier how lovely.

Hi Judy,
Thanks for coming by, I think you are right about dogs being good at sensing things.
They are amazing animals.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your visit, you are correct in saying our dogs help us feel better.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your visit too and thanks for sharing your cat story.

Thanks for coming by and leaving comments.
Have a good weekend.
Love,
Herrad

Blinders Off said...

Herrad,

Stay positive it will get better.

My family think Shelly (my dog) and I have a love hate relationship, but the truth of the matter is I LOVE her. I will deny it if you say something about my admission on my blog and my family find out.

Any who, she is my companion she knows before I know that I am about to have serious medical situation. Each time it has happened I was home alone, she would not leave my side and her behavior was weird. All I can say is I am thankful for her, I have called for help before I was unable to called. She has saved my life more than once.