Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Singing while it Rains.












Trinidadian Art to cheer up a wet December Day.

Slept well last night and even had a reasonably quiet waking up, felt all the usual pains but somehow did not moan as much today.

My arms were very tense and painful so I did the arm exercises quickly before I did not want to do them.

Really enjoyed Richie doing the leg exercises and massage today.

Not a nice day, grey, dingy looking day and lots of rain and wind.

Just when I thought we had got rid of all the post a whole load more arrived.

Had to hang on the phone twice for ages, first just trying to make a selection in their long list.

I have worked on a couple of these customer service desks and they were horrible, waiting to be helped is also not good.

Horrible piped music and a tinny voice saying every minute that there are x people waiting and you are number 10.

It could be a thousand that is how long it feels I waited, and then finally a real person spoke to me.

After all that time it turns out they could not give me a conclusive answer on the phone today and I have to call back next week Wednesday.

At least the music was not too bad, plus it was not as loud as it often is, but still at the end I felt drained.

Was glad Richie and the dogs arrived back from the Amsterdam woods, the dogs are very happy and ate their dinner happily and a re now lying luxuriantly on their beds cleaning their paws.

Have not been out today but plan to go into the front room later and watch Richie put up the red Christmas tree.

First a quick spruce up and do my Motomed leg exercises and then a bowl of stew.

It has been raining all day here some stew and dumplings are very welcome.

12 comments:

zoomdoggies said...

It must be stew and dumplings time of year. It has definitely been stew and dumplings kind of weather here, so that's what happened to the last of our Thanksgiving turkey. It's wonderful comfort food, isn't it?

I love the art today. Thank you!

Gareth said...

Hey Sweeties, just a BIG LOVE @ HUGS from Wales, so glad ya sleeping ok and ya managing to stay upbeat despite these Grey Days, as a saying goes "Above the clouds the Sun is allways shining" Us good enjoying the little things like Birds at the feeder but stating to get that Crimbo dread, dont mind the seeing family and friends bit, Just all the BUY BUY BUY. BA-HUMBUG O yea on a chesse mission and hope to get a parcel off soon Tons of Fluffy LOVE G@PXXX

Joan said...

Glad you had a good sleep will have to try some of your tips. Not been too bad here today but there is a covering of snow just a mile away on the hill s behind where we live and a lot more of the white stuff further north. Don't remember seeing snow on my birthday ever before. Have a good evening. Love Joan

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

It's been raining here all day too! Enough already! But I did make a pot of chicken vegatable soup in between decorating for Chritmas. Wish I could send you a bowl! Take care!
<><

soulful sepulcher said...

It was pleasantly sunny today, though very cold, mid-30's when I walked outside this morning. 2 hours at the dog park to unwind later. wish you could bring spike and marleen, there's even a wheelchair ramp to get inside.

hugs

Unknown said...

Hi! Herrad
It rained here today too
Will you take a picture of your Christmas tree ? I'd like to see a red one
Bye
Carole

Webster said...

I hate being put on hold like that. I was there the other day with Shared Solutions, a mail order pharmacy, and EVERY 30 seconds the recording broke in and assured me that an operator would be with me shortly. This went on for at least ten minutes, and I would have enjoyed the music if it wasn't interrupted EVERY 30 seconds! But Oh Well, my Rx will be delivered tomorrow.

And did I read that right? A RED Christmas tree? Me want pictures! Okay?

Ana said...

It's so hot here!
I will send you mental tropical vibes.
Love you Herrad! Seriously!
Ana

Webster said...

Sorry, I mis-typed. It was Prescription Solutions, not Shared Solutions, who had me on hold for so long. That's what I get for calling at the end of the day, I guess. It's nice not to have to go to the pharmacy in the cold and wet. My Copaxone will be delivered to my door today, Thursday.

Diane J Standiford said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Friko said...

hello girl,
its grey and miserable here too. The only cheerful thing is the thought of a quiet evening with a book (or a blog), a dog by the fire and a nice, heart-warming drink.
Greetings from Shropshire

Anonymous said...

Just after trying to get Stefan to sleep it started to rain over here as well.
Making such a noise upon the roof, that it was way too interesting to listen to it and not to sleep...
An hour later his eyes closed, mine as well.
A wonderful Friday for you all.