Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day After The Winter Solstice.















Slept quickly and soundly only to be woken up by the dog about an hour later because he desperately wanted to get on my bed.

Spike does not normally do this even when he has slept here; he never comes and squeaks by my bed, so I was very surprised.

Especially as he had been on Richie’s bed under the duvet, yet he got up and came and stood on his hind legs to squeak at face level.

When I said ‘go away he scuttled off back to Richie, who got up and got me a bag of thc which helped me get back to sleep.

Because of the snow it is very quiet here right now, plus it is getting close to Christmas and a lot of people have taken time off work.

The children played outside over the weekend when the snow was new, but today it was even colder and the snow was getting quite slippery so none was playing outside today.

Did notice that it was dark a minute or two later than yesterday, or maybe that is my wishful thinking.

Maybe it seemed to get dark later because there were no dark clouds came rolling in at 3.30, like they did yesterday.

It was dramatic yesterday how one minute it was bright and sunny until 3 pm, then the clouds rolled in and the sun went off as if by a light switch and it was dark.

Today looked very much like the day after the shortest day and we are going the right way, and soon spring will be here.

Now I have no more complaints about the dark nights now I see that we are moving towards longer days and spring.

Really looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Happy moments.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Herrad, hope things are fine with all of you. Loved the thought about spring, can't wait to feel it coming.
Please have a wonderful Wednesday.
p.s.:sorry, did forget that I do have also an e-mail account, thanking you millions!

Denver Refashionista said...

Sounds cozy and beautiful...

soulful sepulcher said...

Sending big hugs

A said...

Just got my sleigh that was stuck precariously a top the outhouse roof dislodged finally.

So I thought this was a good time to fly on over and wish my dear bloggery friends Herrad, Richie, and the Doggies a Very Merry Christmas, and One Gloriously Wonderful New Year.

Joan said...

Always glad to see the Winter Solstice past as it mean we are on our way to Spring, silly I know but it does cheer you. We have had more heavy snow overnight again, most we have had for a long time here in Kinross. Stay worm my friend. Love Joan

Anonymous said...

It's so nice how the snow makes things to peaceful! I used to love going for walks when it was snowing. The pouring rain has melted it all, boo hoo! But I see in the forecast that snow is on the way for Christmas!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love and Blessings to you and your Herrad!
<><

Herrad said...

Hi Robert,
Thanks for coming by, hope your day today is good.
It is a bright, sunny day here.

Hi Nadja,
It is cozy here, hope you are snug and warm.

Hi Stephany,
Big hugs to you too.

Hi Stan,
Thought I heard you call to your reindeer ' I said the Schmidt house....'
good you eventually managed to get off the roof of their 'outhouse'.

Hi Joan,
Thanks for your visit and comment.
Hope you enjoy the snow and keep warm and snug indoors.
And as you said spring days are on their way.

Hi Rain,
Thanks for your comment, hope you are warm and snug in your cottage and the dogs are sleeping happily under their blanket.

Hi NoeNoeGirl,
Nice to see your comment, thanks for coming by.
Keep warm and happy.

Thanks everyone for coming by, nice to see your comments.
Have a brilliant Christmas eve.
Keep arm and happy.
Love,
Herrad