Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pleasant Days.














We had a very good day yesterday; Richie bought some excellent Italian Proseccio.

He also got me a beautiful pink orchid in a silver ceramic pot plus a bunch of pink phlox and three boxes of chocolatesm two from the whole food shop The Oasis.

One,a box of liqueur chocolates, he got in the wine shop, it is from the last distillers left in Amsterdam.

These are the best of their kind that I have eaten in The Netherlands, the chocolate was very good dark chocolate.

The other two boxes are Green & Black's, a good English Chocolate brand, that use Fair Trade chocolate.

One box has three flavours; dark, milk and white, and the other one is mint.

I got Richie a black long sleeved Captain Beefheart t-shirt, which he likes, glad it arrived before the 19, it was a big surprise for Richie when it got here on Thursday.

Lovely to be able to surprise Richie again, I am bad at keeping secrets that is why when I was still mobile I did my Christmas shopping no Christmas Eve, less time to keep it to myself.

Now I can get him things like t-shirts and cd’s, I find I can suddenly keep a secret, it is great fun when the postman comes by and there is a packet for Richie.

It is really brilliant that I can shop online and pay via PayPal so I can shop independently and do not need Richie’s help to log into my online banking.

I am enjoying this time of year more this year than I did last year, it is no wonder; this time last year the pressure sore was still very unpleasant.

Also got extra despondent then because I could not surprise Richie for our anniversary and at Christmas, hated that I could not get my darling lots of presents.

This year I feel better, even though my MS has progressed, yet despite this I am very cheerful and positive this winter.

Could be that deciding to live in the here and now and make the best of everything and enjoy all I can has become second nature now.

At the start I had to remind myself daily that I wanted to live in the here and now and that I wanted to enjoy all I could.

Now I do not need to remind myself anymore, now it comes naturally to me.

I am very happy now with everything that I have, my glass is definitely half full, my love of life is strong and I am grateful that I am alive and here to experience this wonderful world.

Today has been another pleasant day, drank a glass of proseccio with Marianne when she popped by in the afternoon.

Looking forward to the Winter Solstice, the shortest day tomorrow and the start of winter.

8 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

So glad you are feeling happy and had a good day with Richie.

HUGS

Webster said...

Solstice Greetings to you! After tomorrow the days will be getting longer. That is a good thing!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Herrad,pleasant days are the best! And I am so happy you are having some. Glad you are able to get some shopping done as well. That Richie is one sweet fellow! Enjoy my friend, enjoy!
<><

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Very happy weekend with my darling Richie and visitors.
Hope yours was too.
Big hugs.

Hi Webster,
Have a good Solstice Day, from tomorrow its a minute lighter.

Hi NoeNoe Girl,
Pleasant days are indeed the very best, hope yours are too.

Thanks for coming by and leaving your comments.
Happy Solstice Greetings.
Love,
Herrad

Amrita said...

Hmmmmmmmm your chocolates sound delicious.Gald you could shop online and get a gift for Richie.

I wonder what the top most photograph depicts ...looks like the crucifix.

Herrad said...

Hi Amrita,
Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.
That is an artwork from an American artist.
Happy Solstice Greetings.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

OOOO, chocolate and love! What more can you ask for?

Solstice Greetings to you and Ritchie.

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Happy Solstice greetings to you too.
You are right chocolates and love are goooooooooood
Thanks for coming by.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad