Saturday, October 09, 2010

Deal With Things As They Happen.



Sarah Lucas.
 

Yesterday I was quite tired after the excitement of Thursday, amazing what a boost it gave me, so much so that I was still feeling good the day after.

Even today two days after I feel the positive effects of the huge boost it gave me, which was much needed.

Had not expected it to be such a huge effect, has given me lots to think about, it was good to see and feel the life on the street.

When we were out Thursday I had to keep stopping very often as my right arm was getting very tired and somehow it felt like I could not stretch it out enough.

Luckily Richie noticed that the steering was a touch to far away for me to reach it properly which was causing me the discomfort.

Once Richie had adjusted it, I could roll without his help which was even better, it was good that Richie could steer me when I could not but I prefer to do it myself.

Because of the arm problems started immediately to worry that I would not be able to get much further than the market but as soon as I started I stopped.

Could feel right away that even one thought of worrying cast a negative shadow, which is not what I need.

Difficult to stop worry and getting negative guess the only thing I can keep doing is remain aware.

Be vigilant and every time I do feel down and start to worry to remind myself to take it one step at a time.

I can not do more; it is not easy to do, often even when I feel extremely positive I can still worry.

Guess worrying is only natural, so not going to try to suppress it, what I will do is deal with things as they happen, that is all I can and will do.


4 comments:

Muffie said...

You're right, Herrad, worrying comes naturally, but you do so well in getting yourself back in a positive frame of mind. As your self-confidence rises, and you prove to yourself that getting out and about is a source of happiness, the anxiety is sure to decrease. Take care and I hope you get out again soon!
Peace,
Muff

Richie said...

Considering the pain and the unfamiliarity you are coping very well with going out. Of course it is worrying but every enterprise comes with some worry. You do really well and what ever comes up we will face together and we will make the best of it. You are so brave and so resourceful.
You amaze me and inspire me.

Herrad said...

Hi Muff,
Thanks for your comment I am hoping that my confidence rises too.
Good to get your comment it is very helpful.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Richie,
Thanks for your lovely comment and for all your love and support.
Love,
Herrad