Saturday, October 23, 2010

Relaxed Friday.

 

James Ensor.
 

Today was a nice quiet relaxed day which was very pleasant for me; did not do too much when I first got the laptop this morning.

Listened to the radio, in the mornings there are some good short stories and plays on BBC Radio 4, have been enjoying them a lot recently.

Nice to rediscover plays and short stories they been giving me much enjoyment recently and made me want to listen to audio books again.

What I really want to do is go to a bookshop and look for new authors, new books, but sadly my hands do not function well enough to manage books.

Shame as I loved going to bookshops and buying lots of exciting new books and reading them quickly and with great enjoyment.

It was quite a nice day despite it being very changeable weather again; luckily the fingerless gloves I bought on EBay arrived today.

They are very good for keeping my hands nice and warm, makes a pleasant change not to have icy cold hands like I usually have.

The only time my hands are not like ice is in the summer when it is warm, as soon as it cools off so do my hands.

This year summer was too brief; we had three weeks of glorious hot summer weather from 28 June until 18 July then it got cool and very wet.

Now it is cold autumn weather which I hope to enjoy wrapped up warm and snug in my fleece tops, jackets and gloves.













  

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Herrad,
I love to read but my eyes aren't up to it. Stange, I have no problem with the computer screen, but I can only read book print for about 10 minutes, then my eyes get all bleary.

I am going to look into one of those electronic readers, Kindle or Nook or something. Maybe that's something you would find helpful.
Cheers,
Karen

Muffie said...

I know they're cost prohibitive, but maybe you could find an inexpensive electronic reader such as Kindle or Nook on eBay or Craigslist. That way, you could still enjoy reading. I'm not there yet, but I do love reading.
Glad to hear you're looking forward to the autumn weather and getting outdoors.
Peace,
Muff

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
I use audio books, get Richie to put the cd into my laptop and I can listen as and when I want.
Have no idea how the electronic readers work do you?

Hi Muff,
As I just said to Karen I listen to audio books, which I enjoy alot, often the author reads the book which is great.
Will investigate Kindle but feel they are just another must have consumer item.
And audio books are very good and all you need is a cd player.
Curious what makes Kindle/Nook so good.

Thanks to both of you good friends for coming by much appreciate seeing your comments.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Karen, Hi Muff,
Just had a look at Kindle and Nook they are no good for me as I can n ot h old them nor have finger function to press buttons.
Audio books are best for me.
Love,
Herrad