Friday, October 29, 2010

Keeping Us Happy And Amused.












Spike is not well it’s very worrying, his walking has been getting worse, he has lost control of his back legs, but despite this he is still a happy dog.

He has many cheerful and playful moments, which is lovely to see, also how well he copes with his wobbly legs.

We got quite worried that we won't have our beautiful little friend for too much longer, so Richie took him to the vets.

Who thought it could be one of two things, both of which could be treated, neither could be cured but medicine could reduce the effects.

This would give Spike another three to four years of a good life, where he would be able to run and play without any problems.

Blood samples were taken and these were sent off to the laboratory for testing, took three weeks to get the results.

We had hoped the blood tests would tell us more but sadly nothing was found, so now we need to take Spike to see a neurologist.

We were lucky to get an appointment at 10.25 on Friday 12 October to the Animal Clinic which is part of Utrecht University.

This is one of the teaching clinics where vets get trained; it seems to have a good reputation.

Now Richie will go to Utrecht on Friday 12 October, with Spike to see if they can help.

Hope they can, would give alot to have him fit again and hear him running full tilt around the apartment.

He is such a sweet dog, my special little friend who takes his job very seriously to keep us both happy and amused.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I am so sorry Spike isn't well Herrad. He looks to be such a sweetheart. I hope the vet will be able to find out what his problem is and treat him.
Cheers,
Karen

Amrita said...

So sorry to hear this.Spile is so sweet. It pains me to see a pet in pain or sick.

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your sympathetic comment about Spike.
We are hoping the appointment will be useful.

Hi Amrita,
I agree with you it is horrible to see an animal in discomfort.

Thanks both of you friends for coming by, appreciate seeing your caomments.
Love,
Herrad

Ana said...

So sad! When my Nell had to go to surgery I went crazy.
I realized that I had to take all decisions and I promised myself that I'll not let her suffer under any circumstance.
It was three years ago.
She is 13 years old and is fine.
I will pray for Skipe and I'm sure he will recover.

Herrad said...

Hi Ana,
Thanks for your sweet message, we are also hoping Spike will get better.
Love,
Herrad