Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday, 10, October 2010, Outside On Sunday Afternoon.

 




Outside On Sunday Afternoon.

Yesterday I felt quite anxious probably due to the fact that suddenly in the night from Friday to Saturday I could no longer hear anything with my right ear.

Felt like it was all bunged up, seemed there was nothing that I could do about it except hope that it would soon stop.

Made me feel pretty vulnerable, was not so nice when we went for a stroll around the neighbourhood with the dogs.

Could not hear so well which was pretty scary; did not like it at all that as I could not hear exactly what was happening around me.

Did not feel so safe rolling around outside not hearing very well, glad Richie was with me and could help me if I needed it, luckily I did not need his help.

Slept very well last night, thanks to taking a sleeping tablet as I thought I might lie awake worrying about my ear.

Not such a nice waking up today, but the good news was that my ear was ok again and I could once again hear.

What a relief made me realise how important hearing really is, without the right ear working I felt somehow lopsided, a very odd feeling.

 After Richie cut my hair and showered me I felt very good again, by the time we had finished it was already 14.30 so we had a late brunch and went out.

Caught the last bit of the yearly street market which looked like it had been good fun, it was noticeably c older today despite the beautiful sunshine.

Enjoyed being outside today noticed that next time I will have to wear a scarf and gloves as my neck was cold despite the high collar of my fleece jacket and I d definitely need gloves as my hands were ice cold.

Despite those inconveniences I thoroughly enjoyed myself; it is really good to get outside even if it is only to go around the neighbourhood.

Being outside with Richie and the dogs is good fun and talking to acquaintances and interacting with people we meet on the way is what I love doing very much.

Feeling happy tonight as a result of going out, I am looking forward to the new week and going outside.

11 comments:

A said...

That smile on your face is the best gift anyone could have asked for today Herrad.

Just absolutely great Photo's to see you out and about like this.....

o</=0)

Lisa Emrich said...

So fantastic to see you in the sunshine again. Very glad that you woke up with normal hearing. Anytime my hearing has been altered, it makes me feel lopsided as well.

Webster said...

It is so wonderful hearing about your ventures outdoors. Nothing beats some fresh air, and chatting with kindly people in the neighborhood.

Sorry about the ear thing; it most likely was a sinus thing and not an MS thing. But disconcerting nonetheless!

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Glad to hear you got out in the sun.Love, Mary

Bibliotekaren said...

Herrad, I too have some strange things that occur suddenly with my ears - worse since brain surgery. It can be really scary. So, glad the ear is ok.

You too with the scarf and gloves? I went out with the neighbors today and was glad I had a hat but missed my gloves. It's really that time of year!

Take care and stay warm,
Donna

soulful sepulcher said...

I love the title of this post!!!

It speaks 1000's of words! You look shining and happy, it certainly is what we all wanted and hoped for you for so long!!

Outside on a Sunday afternoon!! YAY!

BIG HUGS and thanks to Richie for all the time and support to get Herrad out there :)

Amrita said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your hearing trouble , hope it was temporary and no w you can hear well again.
I have lost a good bit of my hearing and i feel very lost and vulnerable at times, of course I use a hearing aid, which i s not very useful at times.

You have a lovely smile Herrad, enjoy the outdoors.

Judy said...

Your tale brings me joy.
Judy

Herrad said...

Hi Stan,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment.
Happy you liked the photos.

Hi Lisa,
The sunshine was good, it was a huge relief that my hearing came back thanks for the ear feedback.

Hi Webster,
It was good to be out, I love talking to people in the neighbourhood.

Hi Mary,
It was lovely, good fun

Hi Donna,
I agree hearing not functioning well is very worrying indeed.
It is really the time for hat, scarf and gloves now.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your comment, Sunday was lovely I enjoyed it very much.
Big hugs to you.

Hi Amrita,
My hearing came back a day after which was a relief for me.
Not hearing well must be very upsetting and frustrating for you.
Thanks for your visit and comment.

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your visit and comment, glad you shared my happiness.

Thanks to all of you 8 lovely friends for coming by and leaving comments.
Appreciate them very much.
Love,
Herrad

Amrita said...

My hearing loss has taken away a huge part from my lkife Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Amrita,
Sorry to hear this.
Lots of love,
Herrad