Tuesday, May 12, 2009













It is a beautiful sunny day here today which makes us all happy but especially the dogs who are sun bathing blissfully.

Woke much too early luckily this coincided with Richie coming back from the toilet and two lots of THC got me back to sleep for another few hours.

Woke up feeling good and did the usual exercise and massage routine all the time thinking about Morton getting those unfriendly comments by someone anonymous.

http://mortonlake-caring-and-sharing.blogspot.com/

Wonder why anyone thinks it important or necessary in anyway to be unpleasant to anyone else, why waste time and energy on being unpleasant.

When for half the output you could be being friendly and getting friendship in return.

Strange to be having a go at someone they do not know, have no relationship with or interest in and above all have no argument with.

No link, no connection nothing.

So why what is this all about?

Could it be jealousy?

Strange but true people can be jealous of all sorts it does not only restrict itself to obvious things like sudden good fortune, a big lottery win.

It can be other things too someone in exile can be envied being up against it, someone with an illness can be envied for the friendship and support they are getting.

When I was just 12 at a new convent school in Germany I was told by the Mother Superior I could come and see her whenever the homesickness for Trinidad got too much for me.

A kind gesture to me but one a nun who was looking after the boarders hated me for, she was jealous of a child and this sad frustrated woman set out to make my life miserable.

Every time she walked by me she would pinch or slap me, if I did not want to eat a milk dessert that was gone off or rancid baked semolina or a half formed chick in a boiled egg she would make me sit at the table until I did.

Sad.

Something really very sad was the news on Sunday that an acquaintance Pete Kelly from Liverpool had died of a heart attack that morning.

What a horrible shock especially as he was such a fit man.

A very nice man who was politically active, especially active in fighting the fascists.

When I first met him was in a friend’s printing shop where I had gone to pass on information about a fellow student, an Indian woman and her housemates who were being harassed by the local youths.

When I first saw Pete I thought to my shock that the fascists had arrived in the shop.

He was a tall man with a shaven head dressed like a skinhead in denim with Doc Martin’s boots on his feet.

An intimidating figure but as soon as I was introduced I could see he was a very nice and when I got to know him discovered he was also a kind man who looked out for his friend’s

The young kids who had been harassing the Indian woman and her housemates were pretty intimidated by the sight of Pete and Paul, another tall skinhead and were quite happy to retire back into private life and devote themselves to their favourite skateboarding.

Real sad news Pete has died especially for his parents who will be missing their fine son who was also their full time carer.

Pete like Morton lived in the same house as his parents so that he too could give them the care and support that they needed.

Don’t think Mr/Mrs or Ms anonymous would have left a comment like that for Pete and they really shouldn’t for Morton.

Instead they should use all that energy to get a life for themselves that includes being friendly and making the neighbourhood better where they live.

Life is there to be enjoyed if possible, it is too short to spend it being anonymous and full of hate which in the end hurts only yourself.

Better surely to give and receive love that is what is best for people they thrive on love.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Herrad! (well, it's morning in Quebec!). I was also disgusted with the comment left for Mort. My first question was well, if you hate him so much why the hell are you taking the time to read his blog? People who are unhappy and unsuccessful spread hatred, whether it's anonymously or in person. It can be passive or aggressive, but it's still hate. Mental illness can do that to a person, I admit I was a hater for a year or two after the burnout, mind you, I was passive - the hate was self-directed. It's sad. I actually did a little bit of housecleaning recently and edited my blog roll. Those blogs that had a continual negative aspect or preachiness have been deleted. I want to surround myself with positivity and love - and for all the supportive responses Mort got to that post, well, I'm sure he feels that too.

Anonymous said...

And secondly, because I wanted a separate comment, I'm sorry for your loss of Pete. Sounds like he was a great fellow.

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

Thanks for your visit and comment.

The unpleasant anon person on Morton's blog have generated alot of positive comments and love and support for Morto0n which is great.

Have a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

He was a sweet man.

Love,

Herrad

JC said...

Tuesday morning MEW to You.

First, I'm sorry about your friend passing.

Second, mean people..I've known my share. I think as you get older you just realize it isn't worth it. I've always tried to be kind to others. Oh I've gotten mad too but in general I try to live my life that way.

Maybe it's due to my health issues but I agree with you that some things are just pointless. Life is short. Be kind ... some people will never get that and that in itself is sad.

I hope you have a Grand Day with your pups.

Herrad said...

Hi JC,

The dogs have been very entertaining today.

Have a good day too.

Love,
Herrad

~~Silk said...

You and I have had some parallel thoughts lately in re bullies.

My condolences on the loss of Pete. The world needs more Petes.

Jen said...

I just want to comment on the beautiful hydrangeas. They're my favorites.

Hi Herrad!.....

Lisa Emrich said...

Yes, hating on others is pitiful and rude. Doesn't make sense.

Hey, Herrad, I reinstated my photo on your followers list. I'm still here. To be honest, I was planning to "unfollow" some blogs which I've found to be not constructive for my mental health. But I didn't want to offend or disappoint anybody, so I thought that the only way to do so quietly would be to become anonymous.

Also, I wanted to share with you that my boyfriend helped to ease me into an awakened state on Sunday morning by gently rubbing and massaging my lower legs and feet. What a wonderful thing. He even brought some breakfast into my room for when I woke up.

Since I had a very big day on Sunday, he wanted it to start relaxed and calm. Very sweet man. :) Reminded me of your Richie a bit.

Herrad said...

Hi Silk,

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your condolences for Pete.

Hi Jen,

The hydrangas are gorgeous really pretty.

A present from a friend of ours.

Hi Lisa,

Nice to see your painting back.

Your sunday morning sounded lovely.

Love,

Herrad

Cranky said...

Herrad - just wanted to stop by and say hello. Lovely photos as always. Sorry about your friend Pete, sounds like quite a loss, especially for those who depended upon him.

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

I too was dismayed at the comment left for Mort, but as you say, he now is receiving much positive support as a result, which I hope helps his day be a little brighter.

Sorry to hear of your friend dying. The flowers look gorgeous and that photo of you in the mirror is brilliant! (thanks Richie!)

I hope the evening now is a pleasant one for you.

Stephany :)

Herrad said...

HGi Cranky,

Thanks for coming by nice to read our comment.

Pete's parents will be very upset they will have to move into a residential care home.

Horrible for them and so sudden.

Have a good time with Skip.
Love,
Herrad

Charisa said...

Love the hydrangeas! Have a good day!

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany.

Lovely to see your comment.
Really lovely to see how many supportive comments Morton got as a result of the silly comments.

The mirror Richie found by the rubbish day before yesterday we love recyling things great fun.

We had a good evening enjoyed a tasty plate of stew and The New York Dolls on Later with Jools.

Great fun.

Love, Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,

Had a 'friend' here who I lost about 11 yrs ago when I decided enough was enough.

She was not keen when I started feeling better after my burn out in 1989.

As soon as I started making my own decisions she showed herself to not be a real friend.

A friend will always support you not demolish you.

For along time I thought she was a friend then had to admit a real friend would not treat you as she did me.

Sad to come to such a realisation but I guess that is life.

Hope tomorrow is a good one for you.

Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Charisa,

Lovely to hear from you hope you are well and are doing well in your races.

Love,
Herrad

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

Hi Herrad! Let me start by saying that I am very sorry for your loss. I must have missed the comment for Mort so I am not sure what was said but it sounds like it was absolutely uncalled for. In my opinion people say mean hurtful things to other people just to make themselves feel better. Its a shame that people do that. Also I love the pictures of all your beautiful flowers.

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad!

I'm awake briefly during the night here (coughing!)and wanted to leave this http://beautyoffensive.blogspot.com/
blog recommendation. I've been reading there for quite some time now and always enjoy the author's garden photos and life stories, and thought you might too.

Have a great Wednesday! :)

Pretty Zesty said...

HI Herrad!

I like to call said anon. negative posters trolls. I encountered them a lot when I did Weight Watchers online a few years ago. You wouldn't believe the horrible things people say. It's meaningless though. It's just bored people. I was doing the diet because I wanted to lose 10 pounds and this one poster called me an obese fat sack. Ummm... not quite, did you see my stats? They are just lame! Moving on! Have a great day!! :o)

Herrad said...

Hi Tara,

Thanks for coming by, it is a shame people can use each other in a negative way.

Caring and sharing (Morton's blogs name) is the way to go.

Hi Stephany,

Hope you got back to sleep thanks for the link will look now.

Hi Kris,
You are right there are always jealous people around who do not have lives of their own.
Very sad.

Have a good wednesday.

Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad!
Personal progress, as well as illness, always tests what we thought was a friendship. That's my experience. Sad, yes, but I was happy to see my supposed friends in a different light, because in hindsight, I can see how they didn't treat me as a true friend and how I often felt mediocre and rejected.
You take care too,
Rain
Hugs & Pug Kisses ;)

Herrad said...

Hi Rain ,

Sad but true that illness and other trials can test friendships and then you can find out that someone drops off as they were not up to the job.

Love,
Herrad

Pretty Zesty said...

I think I need to rephrase what I said just a smidge. Even if I were overweight no one has the right to be negative. Like, hello??? I'm on a weightloss website don't you think I know? haha. ok, over and out!

Herrad said...

Hi Kris,

People shouldn't be negative but are often jealous and envious about others.

Not many thought processes going on with the person who was so rude to you I think.

Love,
Herrad